smoke launchers, can they

keep getting into clashes about whether vehicles can pop smoke or not when they are stunned. the rulebook states "...after completing its move, a vehicle with smoke launchers can trigger them (it doesnt matter how far it moved)" as stated in the small rulebook for 5th pg. 62.

the main point of contention is that since the vehicle cant move or shoot, so thus it cant activate the launchers, but i had thought that smoke launchers could be launched regardless of the vehicle is stunned or not because it not considered a weapon, and i would think it pretty stupid not to be able to be able to hit a button to pop the launchers in the 40k universe.

Yes, you may. Not having the ability to do something does not prohibit you from doing something 'instead of..' whatever it was. Hormagaunts can't shoot, they have no guns, period. Anyone saying the tank can't pop smoke is, also, saying hormagaunts (and anything without a gun) can't 'Run!' either. Both things are done 'instead of shooting'.

I suggest reading the entire set of rules :(.

"Note that a vehicle may still use smoke launchers even if its crew are shaken or stunned." BRB pg 62 (conveniently in the box labeled 'Smoke Launchers')

/enddebate

^_^

Archived