Clarification

Mordith

This is a 2 part question.

1) Power Weapons - The rule in the book says something to the effect that it cuts thru a models armor and does not give the model an armor save. So here is my question: My Space Marine Sargent has a power sword and is attacking a Killa Kan in Close Combat. He hits with the power sword... how does this work? I know with Power Fists you double the strength up to 10 and then roll to see if it glances or penetrates. But there is no mention of what the stats are for power weapons. It does not say anywhere that it doesn't penetrate Vehicles.

2) Assault Phase - In this example we will go SM Vs. Orks again. Group of Boyz Vs. Vanilla SM. Space Marines get charged by the Orks. Both sides have 10 models. SM attack first correct, because of Init? both sides roll in order of Init and both sides loose 3 models. So each has 7, no one needs to roll a LD test. Here is the main question: Do we keep rolling on the Assault until someone wins or do we go to the next persons turn, and on their Assault Phase, we continue the Melee?

Question 1: No special rules for power weapons against vehicles, just basic strength plus d6.

Question 2: Strike in initiative order, if combat drawn then move onto any other assaults/next players turn.

Hope that helps!

Note: the reason the ork boys and space marines attack at the same time is because orks have furous charge, which gives them +1 initive (and +1 strength) when they charge. That is only for the one assult phase they charged in though, subsequent assult phases will have the marines going first (I4 vs I3)

Archived