A Lamenters Chapter Grunt

Whoa mama, its been a long time since I actually posted on the B&C. I've had little to no time for my own 40k projects lately, and this is something I've had in the works for basically a year+ at this point.

I gathered up and stripped all my old RT era minis, won a couple cheap eBay lots to supplement them and stripped those too.

I've finally had the time to work out a fast and satisfactory method to get these dudes painted up for battle. Total work time, not counting where I left things to dry or work on other projects in between, I'd estimate at ~2-3 hrs. So quick and dirty, but not entirely without some decent detail and weathering.

The basing is the result of me messing with a few different things right on top of each other and will almost certainly be significantly different on the finished product.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/Horus_Reborn/40k%20Pics/Beakie-WIP.jpg

Thoughts, comments, criticisms? Photos aren't the best either, so pardon me on that one, as they're looking just a little washed out/blurry.

Good job, seeing a couple squads done up like this let alone a whole army would be great to see. Is the checker pattern part of the lamenters heraldry or is that your personal touch? Pictures look fine to me, maybe some close up shots of some of the details would be nice to see.

I love this mini, greatest old mini I think I've ever seen.

Are you going to have a mixed army of new and old mini's?

Thanks. It will be entirely Rogue Trader era minis. I've got about 50 plastic RTB01 beakies, 6 of the old plastic Scouts, a metal Commander, 2 metal Librarians in power/artificer armor, a metal Chaplain, plastic space crusade Terminator Librarian and Terminators, 2 Rhinos, a Land Raider, and a Dreadnought. A bunch of other assorted odds and ends.

Good job, seeing a couple squads done up like this let alone a whole army would be great to see. Is the checker pattern part of the lamenters heraldry or is that your personal touch? Pictures look fine to me, maybe some close up shots of some of the details would be nice to see.

Yeah, I think the basic marines will come together once I've got a batch of them done. And the checker pattern is indeed part of the Lamenters heraldry. Right now for the chapter badge I've simply applied one of those little skull decals from GW's stock marine sheet, painted white over it and painted the heart by hand too. I'm going to have to come up with a better method for mass production I think though, as it can get pretty tedious.

Once I've decided for sure this is the look I'm going to use I'll varnish him and get some better shots up. Thanks for the comments fellas.

Archived