Multi Assault Vehicles and Troops - combat resolution

waaanial00

Hi all,

Pulled off a manouver last night which made me cringe, and not because I did it as a greenskin, and I thought I would gage opinions on whether I played it right or should ever do it again.

Situation is that I was 6" from a stationary Landraider and 4" from a 3 man Tac squad (remnants of a 5 man). I had a Painboy and two Power Klaw Nobs. I decided to multi assault so that I could krump the landraider and beat up some Tac marines at the same time (I am a marine player as well just happened to be playing Orks last night).

Reading in the Walker section of the rulebook each roll on the damage table constitutes +1 for combat resolution. I failed to do any damage to the marines with my painboy and lost no wounds but did pen the raider 3 times and glance it 1 time.

Now do I win combat by 4? The tactical squad rolled a 3 for LD so it didnt really matter for the game but was interested in what the consensus is on this? Are we to take it that the rules for combat resolution only apply to Walkers since it is described in the Walker section or was I right in counting it as combat resolution.

Fluffwise I could more than understand the demorilising effect of your opponents ripping apart a tank before your eyes, even to a marine we can expect some tactical analysis of the situation being that it would be better to stay away from them, but the rules dont always follow the fluff.

Wan

I could understand if damage against a vehicle being part of the same combat would be counted, but the rules for vehicles in close combat on page 63 specifically mention multiple combats where a unit is fighting against a vehicle and another enemy unit, and that in such a case the vehicle is ignored for the combat result, and it is worked out against the enemy unit as normal.

Thank you. It was a tactic made in the heat of the battle which we didnt really want to look up then and there, havent had the time since to look up the rules specifically.

Still it all worked out because he neither failed his LD check and we stayed in combat as I had planned.

Cheers

Wan

Archived