Converting CSM Demon Prince to Nurgle

maybe you should try to put a few washes down over the top of the WONDERFUL white/bone colour. Using some green and brown lightly might just make it that little more nugley for you....maybe you could try throw in some purple just to deepen the shadows and recesses.

Cheers

Cpt X

Amazing job, my friend. Excelent GS execution on that ut maw and sores, most can't do that level of sculptwork, and to that I tip my hat to you! But its got to be a ***** to transport though right? :ph34r:

Amazing job, my friend. Excelent GS execution on that ut maw and sores, most can't do that level of sculptwork, and to that I tip my hat to you! But its got to be a ***** to transport though right? :D

Glad you like it, I am happy with the sculpting.. Have problem with the paintjob though....

Magnets ftw!

/Martin

If i was to comment on why it looks like a skeleton is that the 'arm' part of the wing has no meat on it. It really is pretty straightforward.. It is a wing after all.

Maybe it's not the painting, just the arm part of the model isn't very nurgle-ish.

I may suggest painting the model, and judging it from there. Because the model may be the main focus, as the wings are accessories.

Either way, you still have to plaint the fleshy parts of the wings, which could also give you the look you want.. I'm sure your not going to leave them black. :D

Don't give up!

I would just wash that fantastic bone color ith a few layers of HEAVILY watered down Dwarf Flesh. That may just give you the look you're well, looking for.

-Skullz

I'd say... More wash? I know the GW wash's can really work wonders, with a Nurgle model aswell, you should be able to achieve something pretty crazy with the amount of freedom you'd be able to work with.

Well, I am quite unhappy with the resuslt so far, as I wrot in my previus post. I took a picture with my mobilephone just befor I ran to work. I am testing the color choises on one of the wings. Its basecoated in catachan green and I have only painted the "arm" part of the wing.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/774/dsc00059g.jpg

Any suggestions? I really need some inspiaration now.... It look like a skeleton to me... not rotten fesh as I tried to achive...

/Martin

Perhaps if you extend the color of the "bone" into the flesh, and fade it into green, like layering the decay, it would turn out more to what you're thinking.

That being said, i think it looks absolutely fantastic as is.

Thanks for all your suggestions... I have considered all input adn I have also hunted the internet for ideas.....

I decided to test an idea of mine, I really hope I havent ruined this modell.. I am a little uncertain about the result....

Well here it goes....

Based with rotted flesh and washed with sepia wash... and some green wash here and there as little tests....

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5686/dsc0012ydb.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1839/dsc0013i.jpg

/Martin

We shall call him...

PUSTULIO!!!

Nice one... : )

He looks like a flood from halo with the paintjob!

Never played Halo, soo I cant tell if its good or bad : )

A little more details picked out, the blisters remain to do. Havent decided on which color I gonna use. The picture is a bit over exposed, too bright.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/6/5/36497_sm-Nurgle%20Demon%20Prince%20Converted.jpg

/Martin

That sir, is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I hear, that is the best compliment one can give to a servant of Nurgle. You've earned it. Excellent stuff! Makes me want to start my Death Guard back up, but I have enough resin addiction atm.

The chap is coming along rather nicely. Though mind if I ask; Why is he staring at the floor?

He is looking down on a slain enemy, if you look earlier in the thread you see the base. I am planning to replace the current "molded" figure on the base. Maybe a ork or a IG or even maybe a SM Character : )

/Martin

Very nice man! going to give this a try and make him a brother hehe. though will be a while since im lacking funds for the prince and wings i will post a picture here once i get the project going! =))

This makes me cry....now that is a daemon baby from gran pappy nurgle himself, he's got to be sobbing about his good ol' boy here. Amazing job, does all complete justice to my favorite god himself, the painting is absolutely correct, everything is well done especially for the amazing amount of improvisation you used, simply a 10. Awesome work and keep us posted with new updates on the rest of the army. Gratz!

Archived