Kastellan Timotheus (new pics!)

I've been thinking about a new Kastellan for my Black Templars Crusade since a couple of time and gathered some Bitz for this purpose.

Some days ago, I started with the guy and already made some early WIP-Pics...its only a first impression but will be furthered as fast as my little time admits..

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6610/inet1.jpg

A pile of Bitz is the foundation of the upcoming hero...

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8960/inet2.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7011/inet3.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7568/inet4.jpg

The rough profile is done...

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2343/inet5.jpg

...this should be an impression of the forthcoming steps (at this moment only fixed with putty).

I'm considering a different weapon for him other then the standard Stormbolter.

Actually I am a great fan of any kinds of Flamethrower, but since he can't get one rulewise and a Combibolter is too weak, I do not know what to equip him with elsewise...

Any suggestions??

Well, you could do a so called "Esteban VII" style meltagun, which is basically an Inferno Pistol but with longer range.

Both sufficient fire-power in game terms while still retaining the "Flamethrower" factor. :lol:

TDA

I believe the power fist is from the Sternguard box?

Or was it one of the limited ed' guys?

Pedro Kantor is it not? But it doesn't really look like him.. I'm at a loss.

TDA

It is indeed the guy you got if you spent 50 quids fist... I got two... :) one got chopped up the other is sitting infront of me half painted.

I like this model, I like him alot. Though perhaps lower his head bit he has a huge neck and reposition it to look to one side he dosnt look heroic enough pointing straight forward. Nice positioning on the legs.

Well, you could do a so called "Esteban VII" style meltagun, which is basically an Inferno Pistol but with longer range.

Both sufficient fire-power in game terms while still retaining the "Flamethrower" factor. ;)

That sounds like something I was looking for! ;)

Where can I find the rules/how can I justify this weapon to an opponent?

isn't it from the guy you got if you spent $100 or something on the GW website, wish I had one

I may steal the idea of using a cut down commanders cape for my templars

Yep, it's the limited Sergeant! Simply love the impressive Powerfist!

Have two of them, too!

One without right hand ;) and one original packaged! :)

It is indeed the guy you got if you spent 50 quids fist... I got two... :) one got chopped up the other is sitting infront of me half painted.

I like this model, I like him alot. Though perhaps lower his head bit he has a huge neck and reposition it to look to one side he dosnt look heroic enough pointing straight forward. Nice positioning on the legs.

You're right!

As I said the head is putty-fixed! On the photo there's a bunch of it under the neck, but it will be cut down none the less...

Thanks to all for the feedback so far... :)

The weapon is briefly described in the "Imperial Munitorum Manual" on page 73 under the Meltagun heading.

It says the following: "The Mars pattern meltagun works by sub-molecular thermal agitation of the target, which literally 'cooks', melts or otherwise vaporizes it ... The Esteban VII pattern works by producing a small-scale fusion reaction using a pyrum/promethium fuel mix. This is projected as a blast of incredible heat that can burn through almost anything imaginable ..."

The Esteban sounds to me very, very much like the Inferno Pistols used by the Witch Hunters / Sisters of Battle.

Since the passage were taken from the "Meltagun" section both weapons would work under the Meltagun rule. Check the Witch Hunter codex and find something suitably fashionably. A copy of the "Imperial Munitorum Manual" might be a good idea to have around so you can shove it in the face of anyone telling you that you can't do that. (Actually shoving the Manual in someones face is not encouraged however since it might result in a loss of the Manual, which by the declaration of the Lord General Militant of Terra is punishable with death.)

TDA

The weapon is briefly described in the "Imperial Munitorum Manual" on page 73 under the Meltagun heading.

It says the following: "The Mars pattern meltagun works by sub-molecular thermal agitation of the target, which literally 'cooks', melts or otherwise vaporizes it ... The Esteban VII pattern works by producing a small-scale fusion reaction using a pyrum/promethium fuel mix. This is projected as a blast of incredible heat that can burn through almost anything imaginable ..."

The Esteban sounds to me very, very much like the Inferno Pistols used by the Witch Hunters / Sisters of Battle.

Since the passage were taken from the "Meltagun" section both weapons would work under the Meltagun rule. Check the Witch Hunter codex and find something suitably fashionably. A copy of the "Imperial Munitorum Manual" might be a good idea to have around so you can shove it in the face of anyone telling you that you can't do that. (Actually shoving the Manual in someones face is not encouraged however since it might result in a loss of the Manual, which by the declaration of the Lord General Militant of Terra is punishable with death.)

TDA

Actually I could name the weapon simply Inferno-Pistol and take the rules of the Witchhunters.

I think this would be the easiest way and a bit more "legal" cause I should be able to take the pointcost out of the Hereticus-Codex, couldn't I?

Edit: This also would fit best with the fluff, cause I use to have a bunch of Witchhunter-Guys fighting along with my BTs.

The Pistol could be some kind of "present" from the Ordo for the fighting support of the marines.

Well, you wouldn't actually be able to since mixing and matching between Codecii is a no-no.

You could however do it if you go for a homemade version of him, which of course would require the opponents permission and which also would mean that you can't use him during tournaments etc.

But if that's not a problem then by all means go for it ^_^ I'd advice however to speak with your regular opponents about it firsthand. :D

TDA

• 2 weeks later...
looking good, but i was shocked that you would butcher the special edition sergeant T.T. But I guess if this guy comes out really well, it will be worth it!

As I said before, I have another of them original packaged! If not, it wouldn't be that easy for me neither! :D

Last Weekend I managed to achieve some further proceedings...

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/289/inet.jpg

By now, the whole profile of the hero is finished.

There are only some cosmetic modifications and a lot of bitz to templarize him are missing... :D

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8960/inet2.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback!

@ The_Chaplain: I'm still ranging between an iron halo (got one from the terminator-chaplain) and the banner of the Black Reach-Captain!

Any suggestions?

The profile of the model is stunning. My only concern is if the head is a little too small. Though a coat of paint should make it look right. And am I correct in guessing that the legs are chaos terminators and that the shoulder pads are from the Chaos Space Marines? Tempted to steal your 'terminator' shoulder pad idea.

Cheers, Messanger

@ The_Chaplain: I'm still ranging between an iron halo (got one from the terminator-chaplain) and the banner of the Black Reach-Captain!

Any suggestions?

if the banner is flowing in the same direction as the tabard I'd go for that-- give it that extra movement. If it moves in the opposite, use the terminator iron halo.

I think a banner would draw attention away from the model itself and offbalaance the pose.

The banner would reach higher than his raised fist rendering his powerful pose null.

I think a banner would draw attention away from the model itself and offbalaance the pose.

The banner would reach higher than his raised fist rendering his powerful pose null.

Yes, this is my consideration, too.

But I have a couple of different bitz which are in the run on ending up on the top of the backpack.

I'll make pics of them soon, so you guys can help me to choose. I'm still undecided! ;)

Finally, some further proceedings:

Actually I only added the bionic eye and some wires on which the connecting sockets still are missing...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2633/kastellaninet.jpg

Awesome! Really great stuff. Is that guitar wire?

Yep, it is (at least the copper-coloured ones)!

Can't wait for this to get painted if your painting skills are even half of your conversion skills <_<

Well I'll do my best, although my painting skills are approximate in the mentioned relation (if at all)! ;)

Thanks to y'all for positive criticism! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo...after constant criticism in another forum on the general pose of the model (some guys muttered something about "Saturday Night Fever" :tu:) and the overpriced plasmapistol, I (beeing always open to criticism ;)) decided to knock the concept of the conversion on the head and quasi about-face on the home stretch... ;)

Actually I always intended to build a miniature basing on this (my favorite) 40k-artwork by John Blanche featuring an Black Templars-army (especially the templar in the middle).

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6041/warhammerbtblancheup.jpg

So without further ado I took this guy as an inspiration for my "new" build kastellan and amongst others changed both arms.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9027/kastellanwip7change.jpg

Although most things aren't glued like they will be in the end (e.g. flamer-wire, shoulderpads, shrine on the backpack), I think you can already get the new idea...

Ps: Anyone got an idea what to put above the second skull in the shrine, another skull seems to boring to me...

Archived