Ork transport going off table

veidin

So I destroyed my friends truk that his warboss and Nobs were in and of course the random thing can happen which we rolled Kareen. After rolling the D6's and the scatter it ended up going off table. Naturally he was quite upset and said his troops dont die they just disembark at the table edge. I was wondering what happens when a vehicle goes off the table involuntarily like that? I know this is prolly only an Ork thing, but I was under the impression that if anything goes off the table edge voluntary or not it is destroyed. Anyone able to clear this up?

Umm... well using the Drop Pod as example... Id let him roll misshap, and if they didnt die they could come on reserves or I could deploy them anywhere in the path of the trukk I wanted. This is obviously a house ruling.

Just because I dont see it covered anywhere. Id also say youd be in your right to call it destroyed as anything else that goes off the table is.

Or you could take a page out of fantasy, during his next turn they walk on from the spot the trukk left, and they cant move or assault.

Yeah, but GW FAQs might as well be official. I mean, in a game played between 2 people at a store or in their home, something being technically "official" doesn't really mean much. All that matters is what they accept. In that case, I think FAQs are just as acceptable as the codices and rulebook, because they are published by GW. In point of fact, I think if you tried to go against something that is stated explicitly in the FAQ, your opponent would be entirely within his rights to call you a d*** and walk off. I know I would.

Yeah, but GW FAQs might as well be official. I mean, in a game played between 2 people at a store or in their home, something being technically "official" doesn't really mean much. All that matters is what they accept. In that case, I think FAQs are just as acceptable as the codices and rulebook, because they are published by GW. In point of fact, I think if you tried to go against something that is stated explicitly in the FAQ, your opponent would be entirely within his rights to call you a d*** and walk off. I know I would.

cough, he has several times

that said, i wonder why the truk is allowed to stop at the edge when a dropod would run off

Well the drop pod doesnt run off the table... it cant, its Immobile.

What really happens is, like any other deepstriking unit, it just never reaches the table. And thus you roll on the misshap chart to see why that could be.

Well the drop pod doesnt run off the table... it cant, its Immobile.

What really happens is, like any other deepstriking unit, it just never reaches the table. And thus you roll on the misshap chart to see why that could be.

i meant scatters

Archived