Space Wolves 13th Company

Coverfire

I have recently come back to playing 40k after a couple of years off and have been using my 13th Company as a farewell for when the new Space Wolves codex comes out.

My question is which version of the 'Scouts' special rule do we now use?

I have been using the updated one from the rulebook but it was brought to my attention that I could be wrong.

The differences being that in the Eye of Terra codex, the rule prohibits Terminator Armour and Bikes to take advantage of the free move (as far as I can see the 5th edition variant does not prohibit either); Which is something I can live with, but if we are to be using the Eye of Terra version of the rule then as it is pre-5th edition it means that we would not receive the outflanking option.

Could you clarify which version I should be using please.

Also note that this is an army rule called scouts, no unit in the army actually has the "scouts" special rule in its profile.

So Outflank is out unless you consider that the army rule of Scout then applies the BRB rule of Scouts.

It depends on how you look at it:

If you say that the codex trumps the BRB, then the Scout rules in the codex are all that you can use and only use.

If you consider that the codex entry to Scouts is an addition to the BRB Scout entry, then you use both.

Sadly... unless/until GW FAQs it. Since they havent done so yet I dont expect them to.

My local group agreed to a houserule of using the new one, but the excluded units are still excluded *IE anything with TDA, bikers*.

Excellent, thank you for you input.

Does GW still have a e-mail for rules questions? I had a look but couldn't find it earlier.

Another option is to do what Grey Mage has done and make a house rule.

And I could see that, as long as you make the exceptions for bikes and TDA models. You could do the email ask gw and see what they say.

And talk to your local TO first of course.

Actually the use of 13nth co is considered a house rule by many, as gw has gone ahead and thrown the whole book out the window.

Also, previous edition FAQs arent used in later editions, even if they arent updated.

Archived