WIP in Combi-Melta

Doz

Hey guys. This little monstrosity is something I whipped up (ok, spent far too long making) earlier tonight. I'm looking for feedback as to whether or not it actually looks like a combi-melta.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7236/combimeltarsz.th.jpg

The glue was still drying when I snapped the picture, and the melta portion has some errant plastic shavings on it still. Also, I have a small promethium tank to attach yet. Any suggestions on where to put the promethium tank are welcome, as well as any & all feedback, even if you think it looks like butt.

Not bad, but I think it looks far more like a combi-flamer than a combi-melta, mainly due to size and the fact that meltas tend to have four or so lateral 'trenches' rather than lots of round holes. The top barrel also looks a little on the large side for a bolter - it really diminishes the impact of having a whacking great melta-nozzle underneath it. As for the promethium tank, I'd say about where the winged skull is, but that would depend on how big you are planning to make it.

Hope that helps!

I agree with Maligoare, it looks more like a combi-flamer. I do like the boltgun barrel, though.

For the promethium tank, I'd cut of the boltgun ammo clip, glue the promethium tank in its place and then put the ammo clip on horizontally instead, over the opening for empty casings (there is one on the other side, too, so the bolter won't jam :D ).

Yeah, it's made form flamer bits. I'll try to changes the holes to horizontal slits later today, and post some pictures. Thanks for the feedback.

E: The promethium tank is the small one from the vehicle / Land Speeder Multi-Melta.

Archived