Left handed Ultramarine

Nibbler

This is a left handed marine I made for a conversion/painting contest.

If you have any questions or comments please post.

http://nturaw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1phlOmRKh1i91FGfsRmQXXnKy_FBnCIxifkFA_GCbNFXsnfuNK7M6gZ59aZTNu6EblnMfaXn4x0fHXZ0itlXpUvmiemaKisTQ4/lefthandedmarine01small.JPG

well it says that all marines are ambidexterous, so they should be able to shoot equally well on both sides. I just wish GW would do up models/ sprue options shows this. Anyways, your conversion is great, how did you do it so well? Being a lefty myself i wouldnt mind having a few leftys in my army.

Here are some more pictures.

http://nturaw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p6Fc4Av80F5ZYrkW8vI-Xitr2RT14JG20KyzYAD__FDKadriWxARhBxPoEiphZhmo89TgxZxfXxmlXDvrfHJ3uw/rightsideoflefty%20small.JPG

http://nturaw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pgY_0v69XszwbRaFu4NpGEqlLQ-hWbxzRzZh9Rc8kK7oJd1HkVs00wCwjyXZjTiNPQykSdFOJs8uPywpsh7A3sg/leftsideoflefty%20small.JPG

His lower right arm is a modified version of a normal bolter marines left arm. I modified it by moving his thumb to the other side and angling the fingers to fit the new angle of the boltgun.

His lower left arm is a modified version of one of the left handed bolt pistol arms from the assault marine weapon sprue.

Both of the upper arms were made from a piece of round sprue.

I'm sorry I don't have any WIP photos.

Hope this helped!

I'd always assumed that spent shells were ejected from the right side of the bolter, hence why Marines always hold them in their right hands. Y'know, so as to not get a chest-full of spent shells everytime they fire.

I'd always assumed that spent shells were ejected from the right side of the bolter, hence why Marines always hold them in their right hands. Y'know, so as to not get a chest-full of spent shells everytime they fire.

Ahhh, but you see Bolters use caseless ammo. Which begs the question...why do bolters have an ejection port on the side? Rule of Cool maybe?

The one thing that really makes this conversion pop for me is, in fact, not the left-handed-ness, but the fact that he is holding his gun like a soldier would, as opposed to the way a marine constructed with the standard right arm from the sprue would.

The normal build from the sprue holds the gun as if firing from the hip, this guy holds it in a way that allows him to quickly raise the gunsights to his eye level and take aimed shots.

Great job, thank you for showing.

Ahhh, but you see Bolters use caseless ammo. Which begs the question...why do bolters have an ejection port on the side? Rule of Cool maybe?

Bolters have ejection ports on both sides and can be set to either sinister or dexter ejection mode.

Marines do have a built-in targetting system connected with their weaponry and their nerve center though, so they don't need to "aim" like a nrmal man does, hence they can fire from the hip and have a better stance if they'd need to pull an evasive maneuveour (spelling?) as opposed to the limited vision you get when aiming down the sights (you have a very small focal point in your field of view as opposed to when firing from the hip...

Just my 2 cents

Thats some excellent conversion work my friend!

Personally however i like to think that all marines are made to learn to fire right handed though. It would anger the bolters machine spirit to modify it so the shell casings are ejected from the other side!

Archived