Codex: Catachans

I bought a Catachan army from a friend and haven't got much of a chance to play with it yet. I have Codex: Catachans and it looks like a really fun army to play with. Now a new Imperial Guard codex has been released with a limited ability to field Catachans. The 3rd edition Codex: Catachans is the newest codex for the Catachans, but does the new Guard dex' invalidate playing with Codex: Catachans?

i dont know about 'officially' or in tournaments, but i guess its entirely up to the people that you intend to play against or the place where you play. i know that i personally wouldnt have an issue with it.

plus C:SW is still 'legal' and i think that is just as old?

AM

Once again the new IG dex has superseded the Catachan 3rd ed dex. However, you can still play the 3rd ed one against a friend (though you may have special rules that no longer work).

I would recommend looking at the new IG codex as GW included several of the famous Catachan characters (GySgy Harker, Marbo, Col Straken)in the codex. They also included options such as HvFlamers in more units. If you are fielding a regular Catachan force, use the new codex and only bust out the old one for Deathworld Catachans (or what ever the special list is)

Archived