Question about mystics

Black_Sky

I have three questions about this awesome dude

1) If a mystic and his friend joins an inquisitor in his personal transport. Is the mystics special rule still in effect, IE can you nominate a unit within 12" to get a free shot?

2) When fighting against deep striking armies, when will the mystic special rule come into effect, before or after disembarkation?

3) Teleportation powers. Which psyker powers counts as deep striking game effect, and would therefore warrant a free mystic shot? currently teleportation powers i know of is the necron lord, ork weirdboy and marine librarian. there's also the valkyrie flat out drop.

1) I would say yes, as the Rulebook FaQ describes how psychic powers with area effects can still be used from inside a transport, so it should work for area effect special rules in generyl.

2) Since it happens before th edeep striking unit moves, I would say it happens before disembarking.

3) None of these units are "entering play", so I would say it counts for none of them. They are only changing their position, albeit in a different way than a unit with jump packs would, they are not arriving fresh on the battlefield.

1. Yes. Measure the 12" from the hull.

2. After disembarkation, if we are talking Drop pods. this has been FAQed. Check GW's web.

You have to choose a single target per DS. Either the unit (A single unit, in case of Combat Squads.) or the pod, not both.

If we're talking Land Speeder Storm or another DSing vehicle where passengers can remain inside, then the vehicle is the only target.

3. Anything entering the board using Deepstrike is a valid target as long as it is within range. DS is more than teleportation.

It could be argued that a Librarian using GoI is removed from play and then re-enters, thus becoming subject to Mystic fire again.

Archived