Red Scorpions Captain

first time posting a picture! eep! all c&c welcome. hope you all like them.

http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/vv234/ReverantScribe/Photo0150.jpg

http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/vv234/ReverantScribe/Photo0151.jpg

Fixed your pictures. Make sure to remove the th_ from your links so that you aren't posting just a thumbnail. -- Kurgan

Fixed your pictures there Reverant.

Very nice paint job. I particularly like the flesh tone. Only real critique is that for Red Scorpions your grey is a bit more Space Wolf. Red Scorpions tend to have a more charcoal grey coloring -- but that is really just being nitpicky at this point.

You shouldn't be nervous ;) I clicked on this topic half expecting some little kid who just slapped on a load of paint and called it finished :)

I don't really know a lot about Red Scorpion's colour scheme so absolutely no criticisms from me :)

incredible paint job. I love the nicks and scratch effect, extremely realistic. The skin tone is tops. You really captured the Red Scorpions Captain in this.

Would love to see you do their alternate paint scheme with the skills you have. Very nicely done, 10/10 if it were on coolminiornot.com from me.

kurgan - thanks for sorting the pictures mate, feel a little stupid :mellow: . Your right about the colour scheme. I finished an SW army a while back and slipped back into the colour scheme accidently.

beldri - the armour is:-

1- codex grey for the basecoat

2- 3:2 badab black devlan mud wash

3- codex grey again

4- 50/50 codex and fortress grey

5- 2:1 fortress and codex grey

6- fortress grey

7- 50/50 fortress grey and skull white

8- skull white along edges

9- for the chips 2:1 chaos black and fortress grey, with a highlight of skull white

I haven't decided if this is a one off miniature as i'm about a third of the way through an ultramarines army thats hopefully going to a GT heat this year.

You shouldn't be nervous :D I clicked on this topic half expecting some little kid who just slapped on a load of paint and called it finished :P

I don't really know a lot about Red Scorpion's colour scheme so absolutely no criticisms from me :P

same :D

brilliant miniature welcome to the forum

WOW! Great 'tone' and shade of colors. I really like the grey. I know traditionally that the RS's shoulder pads are black and yellow, but I think that the SW color scheme vibe comes from the use of yellow on hte shoulder insets and then also the yellow and blue on the model's front.

Still, great job mixing layers of paint!

Yeah the colour scheme is from the drawing of a red scorpions terminator in Imperial Armour vol. 4, which is why he has yellow shoulder pads. I think they normally have black shoulder pads for power armoured marines, but there really isnt much artwork to go on for terminators!

Thanks again for the compliments, really appreciate it.

:) Fantastic mini, glad you shared that!

Very good painted.

Your chapter or?

Since nobody else has noticed the question here ... :)

The Red Scorpions chapter appears in a (couple?) Imperial Amour books from Forge World.

Oh and to the OP, great looking mini!

Didn't the RS originally feature during the Rogue Trader era?

Archived