Huron Blackheart

Its monkey in the middle with Huron...

Reroll hits, wounds, power weapon/power fist/heavy flamer (no additional melee attacks) for 170 points is a bit overpriced. He's old though, and has a decent punch if used right. Like most chaos models, using it right makes its points back. Thats just about it.

IMO, an army that has no need for a jumping/bike HQ, with space left in their transport(s) for a footslogging HQ then Huron is ok to add. Otherwise, not advisable. Get Khârn instead....

He can still ride in a transport; being the leader, I'd say a Land Raider

so to make him work like a normal hq with wing you have to pay extra 230 pts[more then the cost of another HQ , that would make your army twice as mobile as a single unit in a LR], am I understanding that right?

No, you are not. I'd stick him in the Land Raider that's already in my list. Doesn't cost me anything extra at all - its already there.

Bonus, you can't shoot him while he's en route to you. Can't say that about a winged lord/prince...

Can't say that about a winged lord/prince...

Why can't you say that about a winged lord ??

Sorry, cryptic reference to earlier post about how putting a foot lord, i.e., Huron, in a LR would cost "X" number of additional points.

Keeping a wing lord relatively safe from shooting will cost one "Y" amount of extra points to buy the ablative wound Raptors...

Disjointed cyclical thinking. Not cool to put foot lord in LR cuz the cost; but OK to put wing lord w/ jump unit for almost the same add'l cost? Hmmmm..... :lol:

why buy raptors , when winged lord/sorcs can use transports you already buy for PMs or zerkers?

yes it is bad idea to take huron , because w winged lord after he disembarks covers 18" and the foot lord 12". besides if your run a LR rush list you need fast counter units [because you run with a smaller number of models/units] and winged lords or DPs are better for it .

Keeping a wing lord relatively safe from shooting will cost one "Y" amount of extra points to buy the ablative wound Raptors...

Not cool to put foot lord in LR cuz the cost; but OK to put wing lord w/ jump unit for almost the same add'l cost? Hmmmm..... :)

Huron aside (like I said earlier, I think he's alright for a non-winged lord and one of the better SC's), but you don't need to buy ablative wound raptors to keep a wing lord safe. Put him in a LR or rino or fly him up behind LR or rino.

He isn't bad. The reasons mentioned before me have hit it on the head. I'd also like to add he has no IW to keep him from getting powerfist crushed. At the same time, even with warptime, he isn't strong enough to take on anything but the barest remainder of a squad with a powerfist. He's not bad against Tau, Eldar, IG and even to an extent, orks and nids. SMs and CSMs have too many buried fists for my taste.

IMO hes not worth the trouble of A-not gettin your 2 special weapon or your heavy in your sqaud so hes got a transport,B-puddle hoppin from behind tanks to cover if not with a squad or in a tansport,C-jump lords/dps/sorcs are worth there points in gold even in bad situations(fire magnet).

A-not gettin your 2 special weapon or your heavy in your sqaud so hes got a transport,
But that's not happening. You're trading a flamer (most likely) for a (typically rerollable) heavy flamer and a significantly boosted unit champion. I haven't found anything bad about that equation yet, aside from being targettable in close combat. The mistake is thinking Huron is a tank like the other HQ's, such as with this point
C-jump lords/dps/sorcs are worth there points in gold even in bad situations(fire magnet).
being quite true.

• 4 weeks later...
I can see him being a worthy of consideration for a defender HQ in PS. When the attacker comes to you faster than you can say "cookies", Huron in a bastion or hidden alongside special weapon havocs on a Skyshield can make a decent counter-charger.

Archived