quick 5th edition questions

Nicorex

So I have been away frome the game for awile. I was reading the 5th edition rules last night, trying to learn all the new things. One of the new things I am having trouble getting is reserves and outflamking. Is it basicly I can hold ANY unit I want in reserve, or does the squad/unit need to fall under some other rule like infaltrator or something? Also are Kill Points the same as victory points? I didnt see anything in the rules about kill points.

thanks for the help

Nicorex

Yes any unit can be held in reserve.

But only units with either 'scout' or 'infitrate' rules may take advantage of outflanking. So for instance Ravenwing bikers could deploy from resrve and use outlflank, but DA tac squads held in reserve can only deploy from their controlling players table edge.

Remember, if you do have 'scout' or 'infiltrate' units you must tell your opponent during initial deployment if you intend to use outflank or deploy from own table edge. Same with units in reserve that intend to deep strike or not.

There's nothing quite like telling your opponent of your secret killer-plan beforehand eh ;)?

Welcome to 5th Edition.

Kill points: In Annhilation mission games, one Kill point is awarded for each enemy unit you totally destroy. If you get more Kill points than your opponent at the end of the game then you have won. They're kinda like Victory points – but much much simpler :(

Cheers

I

Welcome to Games Workshop games. ;)

Pretty much. That's why we have the forum to begin with. Both to get help finding rules that are obscure and hidden where you wouldn't expect them, and also to discuss what to do where the rules are vague or even contradictory. It's endless fun, let me tell you! :rolleyes:

Archived