quick update on Imperial Fists

ok here's a brief reminder of whats gone before..

the vehicles..land raider,vindicator,whirlwind,predator, razorback(for command squad) 2 rhino's.

gallery_25584_1014_494335.jpg

heres the current state of play. 4 tactical squads,1 assault squad(with chaplain),1 vanguard squad(with librarian),1 terminator squad (with lysander),2 scout squads,captain and command squad, dreadnaught,2 land speedersgallery_25584_1014_407891.jpg

and here's a closer look at the bases and wip on vet sgts for tactical squads.gallery_25584_1014_1012573.jpg

well the tanks were a different recipe involving sunburst yellow with several airbrushed washes of a brown ink mix(did these last year). i found this too hard to copy for the marines and found the above mix to be as close as it can be

ok i just "shaded" the entire foot slogger army. it looks fantastic while wet but time will tell how it will dry. basically i used 4 pots of ogryn flesh wash with 2 pots of water to thin it. then i DIPPED them <_< i hope i havent ruined the lot lol

Take a dry reasonable sized brush and wipe all the models down abit, washing the brush for every model to get rid of excess. It miiiiiight just help B) Otherwise I forecast serious thickness of orgryn flesh on parts of your models :D

dipping didnt go that badly really. the marines did end up with a few splodges(tm!) but overall they came out quite well.they did look a lot better when wet tho,

i havent got the librarian finished enough to post any pics but will asap

the photos look a bit washed out ( the yellow is darker in my eyes)

added the gun and painted in the joints then varnished the shoulder pads to try and help the transfers stick better..

gallery_25584_1014_342970.jpg

gallery_25584_1014_586551.jpg

gallery_25584_1014_160472.jpg

now I only want to do a bit of detail work ( purity seal, mouth grill etc) and get the rest of the squad done to this standard ( not going for anything amazing.. just want a half decent tabletop army). I wanted a dirty /been on patrol look instead of a fresh from the factory force and i think its worked. should get the first full tactical squad finished this week then its on to the command squad. trying to break up the painting to keep it interesting

... yup i know there are mould lines and some dodgy painting but when they are the table i dont see the faults :P

• 2 weeks later...

Great Fists! I really like how these are coming. A slight note though... Imperial Fist sergeants don't have red helmets but rather yellow helmets with red skull motifs.

Check out the complete Imperial Fist colour and insignia guide here.

:devil:

gallery_25584_1014_2988458.jpg

Thanks for the link :) I wish I had seen that site months ago, I was going by the "Index astartes 2" guide showing a pre heresy fist with a red helmet and the space marine codex (quote, typically sergeants have red helmets)

now I've seen the right way I have just noticed the assault marine eargeant in the 2004 codex with a red stripe and skull :D

However, since they are already painted, I'm keeping them as is because they are easier to spot

Archived