Does Gate of Infinity work on Rhinos?

I was flicking throug my rulebook, and i saw something strange... The rules for access points is if you shoot it becomes open topped, which lets you shoot out of it, and this includes psychic powers. Just wondering, could you gate of infinity a rhino with men inside, considering the rhino is part of the unit inside?

They went over this in the official rules forum- theres nothing stopping you.

Gate of infinity doesnt care about access points or line of sight... and its not a shooting power.

You pop out of the transport and DS somewhere on the table.

You pop out of the transport and DS somewhere on the table.

It seems he is asking if you take the rino with you when you GoI, not just if you can gate while in the rino. Nothing stopping you from using gate while in a rino, but the rino does not go with you. The squad would just gate to where ever but the rino would stay where it was, you can not gate a vehicle.

The rules for access points is if you shoot it becomes open topped,

Just a quick side point, if you shoot out of the top hatch whilst in power armour, it doesn't count as open-topped. Let's face it, your armour isn't that much thinner than the Rhino armour, is it?

Yet another reason marines just need to ride around in golfcarts with extra hand holds...

But no you cannot depstrike any vehicle as the librarian has no way of joining that unit.

But the deepstrike out of the Land Raider trick is great... It never fails to take my enemies by surprise.

The rules for access points is if you shoot it becomes open topped,

Just a quick side point, if you shoot out of the top hatch whilst in power armour, it doesn't count as open-topped. Let's face it, your armour isn't that much thinner than the Rhino armour, is it?

Thats a 4th ed rule, in 5th any unit can fire from a fireing point without making the vehicle open topped.

there are some codecies that still have the open topped if not in power armour when using a firing point rule. generally, though, that rule is no longer applicable in 5th and is not included in any of the current marine codecies to my knowledge.

Archived