Vulkan and melta weaponry

Dusktiger

ok, so what my question is, since vulkan twin-links everything flamer, melta, and thunder hammer, does that mean Meltabombs become twin-linked? do i reroll to hit with them? to wound? wha?? just asking so i know if i can take advantage of that for a tourny on the 14th

Melta bombs doesn't have the "melta" special rule, and isn't listed in Vulcan's entry, so that would be a no.

Just as Flamestorm cannons on the LRR doesn't become twinlinked, despite being a template flame weapon.

since vulkan twin-links everything flamer, melta, and thunder hammer

Vulkans rules specifically mention meltaguns and multimeltas, not "melta" weapons in general. So even if meltabombs were melta type weapons, they would not be affected.

Combi meltas and combi flamers are one shot meltaguns and one shot flamers according to the Armoury section, so they benefit from being twinlinked. They mnay be single shot weapons, but still weapons of respective type.

At least that is my interpretation.

I will second that, Cedric.

weapons that are related to those listed in vulkan's rules are not affected by the rules, so flamestorm, melta bombs, etc... are not covered. combi weapons ARE one shot variants of their namesakes and use all of the same rules for that one shot.

Archived