Terminators

Dehero3

Well, me and my friend watched Terminator Salvation and we were stoked to go build a model Terminator and if it worked...........well an army would be next.......any thought on how to build it or start..........BTW sorry for not being on for AGES

I'm going to have to ask the OP to keep things in-line with general board policy (aka PA only). If you choose to pursue the idea of creating a Terminator-like Army, it will have to be using PA rules (and hopefully a good amount of marine parts/bits).

However, should things fall away from the domain of PA, or masses of Necron models appear on the board, the thread will be closed as it would be in violation of board rules.

Let's not be too hastey. I've seen a great conversion of a Tactical Dreadnaught with a half terminator skeletion showing and the other half his "human" head. Maybie we should think allong the lines of that.

Marines with cybernetic's instead of pure flesh and blood, or marines with so much battle damage that they look like striped Terminators. I definately see the potential for vehicle conversions.

To keep in line with the rules of the forum that state this is a Power armor only forum, I.E. Imperial and Chaos Power Armor only, I'd sugest only discuss battle damaged marines and maybie terminator skeletons for tech marine servitors, make shure the work you post here is for SM, SoB, and CSM armies. This forum can give you the help you need, just keep in mind to choose your words carefully.

That said Terminators would be Great for Chaos Space Marines, because the fit the best for fluff wise. Traditional space maries would always try to stick with biological coponents, even to the extent of growing them back. Chaos is a lot less traditional with keeping with the standard, and plus who better create/use human killing cyborgs than Chaos? A single legion is responsable for Billions of deaths. Granted Chaos gods don't care for non corruptabe mechanical folowers, but they arn't exactly as picky as the Imperium.

Well the other posters made the best idea: if you want to do Power Armor Terminator-Esque figures, Iron Hands are the way to go. Mix in bionics using some IG, Chaos, and Necron kits and you'll have a fun project on your hands. That said, to fully bionic Space Marines could be an extremely challenging task. I'm interested to see any results.

Well, here's my pitch. Paint it and call it "Iron Hands", but use the rules similar to Black Templars. Instead of Neophytes, have these 'Terminators' act in their place. Call them some kind of advanced Servitor model adapted from an 'Ancient Terran' design. The 'Marshal' is instead the overseeing Iron Father. I'd think that would work fairly well, rules-wise, and would be pretty fun. Basically replace any 'faith-based' specialty with a more mechanical substitute. Bonus points if you put in a Vista joke...oh wait, I'm repeating myself :unsure:

Archived