Disembark then Embark?

Seahawk

I haven't found conclusive lines, though maybe I'm not reading correctly, and the idea came up in a couple games.

So a unit is in a transport. In the movement phase it disembarks. There is another unit close enough to that transport to embark. Can that unit now embark? It says a unit may only embark or disembark in the movement phase, not covering the event of two different units disembarking/embarking the same transport. This is a tactic that can be useful in end-game wins, such as dumping a terminator squad out of a land raider to blast an enemy Troops choice off an objective, while the friendly Tactical squad next to the land raider can climb in. They'd sit on the objective and survive longer than if they were in the open.

Thus, as a quality tactic, is it possible?

The only difficulty I can see is having enough physical room around all access doors for both the disemabrkng and embarking units as they all must be within 2" of them – Easier on a Land Raider maybe, or with small/depleted squads.

Rulewise I can't see why it couldn't be done.

Cheers

I

Well in that case its a matter of timing yes? You disembark said terminators... and then walk them out 6", then you move the tactical squad over its 6" and embark. As long as theyre not coming and going at the same angle there should be plenty of room. Things get tighter around rhinos, or god forbid waveserpents.... but yeah. *shrugs*.

Things get tighter around rhinos, or god forbid waveserpents.... but yeah. *shrugs*.

indeed and if the transport has moved already, as the disembarking squad then can't move off.

In a recent game it involved disembarking an IG command squad, while I wanted to put the rest of my veterans (2 of them) into the chimera to keep them safe. Plenty of room in the shuffle.

So no disagreement so far. How about with moving the transport after the fire drill? One gets out, another gets in, then the thing zooms off (only 12", of course).

Archived