Terminator Chaplain

I paint just above that standard and can see alot to improve if you don't mind me saying.

For instance: place some black or brown ink into the crusader seals to make it look better, instead of it looking like the bottom end of a ballon that has jsut been popped ( the bit wher you tie it up where it looks like a belly button )

Do abit more tonal variation on the skull, it looks a little too plain all over.

highlights abit more on the arms

clean up the gun

straighten your crozarius

make the gems look like gems, which abit of blazing orange and blood red on the edges followed by a highlight of skull white and maybe ink wash the edge to make it stand out with a surrounding of black.

Again make the imperial eagle more detailed with ink washes and more tonal variation.

last but not least the black is really bothering me, it's probably just that is one it, but spraying black instead of painting it black is always better, you can clean up the model later with chaos black, just a thin coat though.

Apart from that, it's alright, just hope i wasn't too harsh there amte, i apoligize if i am.

thanks

antique_nova

Apart from that, it's alright, just hope i wasn't too harsh there amte, i apoligize if i am.

No offense taken, and thank you for the criticism and the solutions.

To be perfectly honest, I paint above this quality level quite often, this is in the mid range of the qualities that I paint, so it isn't exactly the top of my game.

It's a very nice fig with good basing. Dunno what this big harping on is about with the gun barrels thing, but I guess it would help increase the effect of the model. You could always just paint some black dots on the end of the gun if you don't want to get out the jeweling drill. That said, very good painting.

That mini looks really good Garden Ninja, but you might want to remove it before the mods do.

It is really well done, the damage & weathering are great but not over the top. I looked at some of the miniatures @ your website and they're fantastic too. I especially like the 40k captain you have with the "extreme" source lighting.

You're a good ninja-esque painter indeed.

Though you must pay more attention to moldlines, drilling work and so on. I kinda know how boring this can be (half of my painting time goes to the mini's prepare) but its even more a pain to see negligence on sucha paint.

:devil:

DS

Thank you,

I assembled the "custom dreadnought" a long while ago, and painted him a couple years later (yeah, I had a lot of other projects). So, I missed the mold lines on his shoulder way back when, and I didn't see them when I finally did paint him up.

I'm a little hesitant to fix it, but that mold line is killer.

Archived