need help

angel of vengence

Why do you need to?

At 500 points, your opponent hasn't got a lot left after taking that Warboss.

Just kill everything else.

Blast templates are good (Vindicators, Whirlwinds, Thunderfires) as well as flamers.

Another option is Telion in a sniper scouts unit.

Cheers, Paul.

Hrm, I suppose the only way you could do it is to completely out-manoeuvre him. I don't think you'll be able to cram enough firepower into a 500pt army to cause him any trouble, and when he does get into combat ( and he would), he'd eat through your entire army without breaking a sweat. I think the most likely solution would be like Shinyrhino said, to give him a slap and tell him to stop being such a fool, but failing that, try this:

HQ: Librarian + Gate of Infinity + Might of the Ancients. - 100pts

Troops: Tactical Squad + Flamer + Missle Launcher - 170pts

Rhino Dedicated Transport

5 man scout squad with Sniper Rifles - 75pts

Fast attack: Landspeeder with HB - 50pts

Landspeeder with HB - 50pts

Landspeeder with HB - 50pts

495pts

Stick the Librarian with the scouts to make use of GoI if things get hot, keep the Rhino as a mobile firebase and zip the speeders around mowing down orks every turn with their 9 St 5 AP 4 shots. He can have all the close combat potential he wants, it doesn't count for anything if he can't catch you! Plus, after taking Ghaz I imagine he's only going to have very limited ranged anti-tank which should make having 4 vehicles on the board an absolute nightmare for him. Concentrate on a unit at a time, reducing them under the number for fearless and them forcing the leadership tests with concentrated fire. It's not exactly a bullet-proof plan, but I reckon it'll work if you're savvy.

That's pretty beardy taking Ghaz in a 500 pt. game. I don't even consider special characters at that points level, though come to think of it Lysander and a Tac squad in a DP with supporting Scouts would be pretty ridiculous. That said, I would tell the munchkin to "counts as" Ghaz as a Warboss in Mega-Armor for your game, or to take his ball and go home.

Archived