WIP: Oran Ceallach

Here is my DIY Chapter: The Priory of Dorn 1st Company Master Oran Ceallach. I'd love to know what you think.

Once he's painted there will be a green jewel in the center of the Aquila were the scorpion was.

gallery_26418_3698_159514.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_520201.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_339888.jpg

gallery_26418_3698_486851.jpg

Very nice. I was considering the Culln model for my First Captain, too, but I guess two IF successor First Captains looking exactly the same except for the paint scheme would be lame. :P

Luckily, I do have a few other ideas - and will only get to painting characters like that in half a year or so, when I have at least a sizeable portion of my crusade company painted.

Where are the thunder hammers from, btw? Just the normal assault terminator sprue?

expensive but really awesome looking!
It's only 5 points more to take the dual Thunder Hammers than it would be to take a Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield. Not too bad.

Very nice. I was considering the Culln model for my First Captain, too, but I guess two IF successor First Captains looking exactly the same except for the paint scheme would be lame. :P

Luckily, I do have a few other ideas - and will only get to painting characters like that in half a year or so, when I have at least a sizeable portion of my crusade company painted.

Where are the thunder hammers from, btw? Just the normal assault terminator sprue?

Different paint scheme wouldn't make him look exactly the same. You are going to have dual Thunder Hammers too? The Thunder Hammers are from the Assault Terminator box. I just did some careful cutting for the left one.

I like him. He almost looks as if he's bowing to the foe before wading in, which is neat. The name's cool too. ;)
I hadn't thought about him bowing in the pose. He's supposed to be doing/finishing a 1-2 strike, he swung to the side with his right Thunder Hammer and down with the left.

Different paint scheme wouldn't make him look exactly the same. You are going to have dual Thunder Hammers too? The Thunder Hammers are from the Assault Terminator box. I just did some careful cutting for the left one.

I was considering it, 1. because it looks awesome - moreso than double powerfists would and 2. because it is such a nice way of saying "I hate powergaming and do not care for the points effectiveness of every bloody models right foot".

I was considering it, 1. because it looks awesome - moreso than double powerfists would and 2. because it is such a nice way of saying "I hate powergaming and do not care for the points effectiveness of every bloody models right foot".
LOL! I say go for it. We can say they're cousins, or that they got their TDA from the same outlet mall. :turned: Not only that, but your chapter uses the Templar Cross, so there is a crap load of stuff from ForgeWorld you could use to make him quite different even with the same armament.

I wish that GW/FW would have more captain/master models in Terminator Armor. Our only choices are Culn, Calgar & the really generic (and hideous) Terminator Captain model. Using standard rank and file Terminators as a base is really difficult unless you're really good with green stuff.

Is it not 15 points more? Nonetheless, it is not the higher points cost that is actually the problem, but the better save from the storm shield, which he thus lacks, that probably makes him completely ineffective for any concerned powergamer.

LOL! I say go for it. We can say they're cousins, or that they got their TDA from the same outlet mall. :( Not only that, but your chapter uses the Templar Cross, so there is a crap load of stuff from ForgeWorld you could use to make him quite different even with the same armament.

I wish that GW/FW would have more captain/master models in Terminator Armor. Our only choices are Culn, Calgar & the really generic (and hideous) Terminator Captain model. Using standard rank and file Terminators as a base is really difficult unless you're really good with green stuff.

Heh, yeah, I've got that ugly captain in TDA model, and I was considering using him as my terminator squad sergeant - but decided he is too ugly. :P Seriously though, if resin was not so difficult to modify, one could do a lot with the different FW terminator kits - especially the chaos ones, which are beautifully ornate.

Is it not 15 points more? Nonetheless, it is not the higher points cost that is actually the problem, but the better save from the storm shield, which he thus lacks, that probably makes him completely ineffective for any concerned powergamer.
I'm not a power gamer, far from it, I've never played a game before. I modeled him for fluff/coolness reasons only. If I ever get around to playing a game with him, he'll be accompanied by a squad of 5 Terminators w/Thunder Hammers & Storm Shields jumping out of a Land Raider so I'm not too worried about the lost save. ;)

Heh, yeah, I've got that ugly captain in TDA model, and I was considering using him as my terminator squad sergeant - but decided he is too ugly. :cry: Seriously though, if resin was not so difficult to modify, one could do a lot with the different FW terminator kits - especially the chaos ones, which are beautifully ornate.
Yeah the FW Terminators are really beautiful. For me it's the cost of the FW kits more than anything. I'd love to get a few more FW models, but they're a little pricey.

Archived