Apoc: Can Space Marines use Imperial Navy?

Sonic Para

I've been reading up on Apocalypse and noticed that the Super-Heavy Flyer section covers "Driver Stunned" and "Drive Damaged" but it has no mention of "Explosion" and "Apocalyptic Explosion." Does the flyer do the same explosion as the tanks but it only affects other flyers? Does it effect everyone? Should I just use the "Crash" and "Explosion" rules from Imperial Armour Volume 2?

Also, I'm wondering if a Techmarine with Servo-Harness can embark on a vehicle. Many threads mention a techmarine being in transports but none of them specified if he had a Servo-Harness or not and they never stated how many models he is worth when figuring out the capacity (i.e. Terminators count as 2 Marines). Can anyone clear this up?

Including Super-Heavies? The case is a flying Thunderhawk being wrecked or exploded. In Imperial Armour Volume 2, the Super-Heavy Flyer (SHF) Catastrophic Damage Table has a roll of 2-5 causing the SHF to crash into the table at scatter, causing a hit to all models hit by the crashing SHF. A roll of a 6 on the same table has the SHF exploding and dealing a hit to all flyers within 2D6 of the model, but it does not affect the ground as the SHF and all debris is vaporized in the blast.

Seeing as how a SHF is a special class of flyer, would it be appropriate to adopt these rules for them? Of course standard flyers make sense having no effect on other models when being destroyed because of their smaller size.

it just depends on what ruleset you play - imperial armour has the rules you quoted (generally avoid quoting in such detail) and apoc has it's own rules, some borrowed from IA, some adapted from IA, some new. in this case, they disagree.

ALright, thanks for clearing everything up. I have a new question though, just didn't want to make a whole new thread.

This question pertains to the Thunderbolt and the Lightning Imperial fighters. The GW Apocalypse rulebook provides a page for the Thunderbolt but not the Lightning. The most recent rules for the Lightning are the ones from Imperial Armour Apocalypse, which has certain vehicle upgrade options listed. In IA Volume 1, these vehicle upgrade options are detailed for the Thunderbolt and the Lightning, typical stuff that bring the flyers on the same level as the Barracuda and other fighters. These options are not included in the GW Apocalypse book.

Would it be correct to apply the vehicle upgrades to the Thunderbolt even though it has had a more recent page(which, in all fairness, did enhance the bombs)? For the Lightning, should the vehicle upgrades still apply as the most recent rules for it have the options available?

apply the most recent rules available to the vehicle you are interested in. for the thunderbolt, use apoc, for the lightning, use IA apoc. it might not seem fair that 2 similar vehicles use different rules for the same thing, but it's the way it is. ask a GK player about their assault cannons. same idea.

Alright! Another question! Can you tell I'm somewhat of a noobie?

Okay, so I'm looking to get into Apocalypse and I'm thinking that my Thunderhawk needs some fighter support and a couple of Thunderbolts with Hellstrikes/Bombs would fit nicely into my target point total. Can a Space Marine army take Imperial Navy aircraft in an Apocalypse game? The Ally Matrix has the branches of the Imperium as allies but it doesn't mention the Navy.

Archived