Ultramarine Captain

Mr.Millar

After some time of lurking around the site and checking out the hall of honour etc, i've decided to finaly make an account and become an active member as to be honest, this site rocks.

After hitting the motherload of cheap car boot loot (10 iron hands with all of the metal parts intact :rolleyes: , a rhino and a chaos dred with one arm missing), i decided to start stripping off all of the horrendous layers of paint (4 thick layers, ugh..) and kitbash together a new bionic captain for my UMs

I have no actual pictures as of yet thanks to a broken camera, but here is the basic idea:

spacemarine.jpg

instead of the exact parts pictured i will be using the iron hands power hammer thingy and the bionic mk7 legs.

[edit] Sucess! it uploaded this time :)

C&C welcome.

(Will upload more pics here when i get a working camera)

Ahhh a nice scheme you have planned. Good luck skinning those models :P Looking forward to the models themselves :)

PS: the black feet are not a bad thing, before anyone complains :P

Btw, if anyone is having trouble stripping paint off models, use acitone solution (nail varnish remover :) ) it literaly BURNS through paint, 3 seconds in the stuff and the paint will blister and start to go gooey, then you can just get it off with an old toothbrush.

If you're going to paint the (usually gold) shoulder pad trims yellow, you should paint the chest eagle yelloe. I'm not sure, but from the painter image it looks like the chest eagle is a more gold shade.

My two cents.

EDIT: not a bid fan of the green purity seal, either. Stick w/red.

hi mr millar welcome to B&C

im not a fan of the ultra marines but i like the black feet and shoulder guards and the whole idea of using iron hand bionics is just a great idea.

i have to agree with verpine keep to original red and white purity seals.

i was wondering though do your intend to use the chaos dread?

or would you consider trading it for an on the sprue aobr dread?

the chaos dred is in very poor condition, its missing its close combat arm and i still need to strip all of the paint away and chip off all of the glue and rebuild it, i would like a AOBR dred but i'd have to upload pictures for you first to see if it's acceptable. The dred doesn't have a base however, the arm taht is still attached is a plasme cannon ^_^

Archived