Daemon Prince conversion

tortoise

Some WIP images of the Daemon Prince I've been working on. Together with the sorcerer you may remember he forms the HQ choices for my EC army.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5453/dp2h.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9549/dp1r.jpg

He's going to have a doom siren on his back. This is the central speaker plus some work on his arm- I didn't like the spikes there really.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8404/doomsirenhead.jpg

Comments and crit appreciated as ever.

Awsome like always :D love your GS work and i like the bisare tongue head on the pelvis :cry: hehe

wish i had your GS skills or somting close too atleast :cry: hehe

Qurious about what you are gona have for weapons / arms on him ? maby a wicked sword or wip in the right and maby a slaanech warps "lobster" claw for the left ? hehe cant wait to see more :cry:

Whow, A non-female/transexual slaanesh demon :cry:

Lovely sculpting dude...

I entirely agree on both accounts! :cry: Considering Slaanesh is meant to embody physical perfection in both genders you really don't see that many male-orientated models! Maybe modelling the female anatomy is too strong a call for some... :D

I agree with everyone who says the sculpting is fantastic; I especially like the musclature of the torso and the details around the eyes. I do however agree that the 'tongue' looks a bit out of place... the concept is a good one (especially considering this is Slaanesh we're talking about!) but it seems... unfinished. I'm just not sure why!

Asides from that though, this is excellent, and I can't wait to see more. :cry:

Cheers guys.

The tongue looks awful in the second photo since the curvature of the part is lost. I spent long and hard thinking about what to put there (I like my deranged Slaanesh models to have some gruesome looking groinal features- kind of the idea that they can attack with that area, a contrast to the more traditional and sane use of the area...). Other ideas were a crab claw and a set of organic looking spikes. I didn't go for the crab claw because one of his hands is already fashioned so.

Its always dangerous to add anything vaguely sexual into sci-fi or fantasy. It can end up looking either juvenile or comical. The final proof will be in the painting perhaps.

hats off to you, the sculpting work is simply amazing! very smooth, I love the face and the muscles both are extremely well done.

personally I think the crotch tongue thing is pretty good, it fits in well with the rest of your models.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

His glaive is one hell of a weapon!

It looks very intimidating whilst still retaining an air of elegance,which is ofcourse perfect for a Slaanesh monster.

Your army has really inspired me,i'm buying some clay shapers to practise with GS and at the minute am painting a noise marine squad for my army.Man pink is hard to paint! B)

Great stuff,can't wait to see the finished model!

Cheers,

Mike.

Archived