Smurf for a mate

onlyme

I've only got two things: the gray shoulder pad looks like it could use more shading, and the base is kind of lacking. I would put some interesting do-dad or another on the base. Also there are some imperfections showing on the side of the base.

This is a great looking model. Very good work.

Thanks for the feedback.

The grey was really an attempt to find something really contrasting with the gold - I kinda like it but then I am bias :cry: . The base is pretty dull but then again I completely ran out of patience with the model and wanted to get back to my My WIP Army so it's lucky to have one at all ;)

Hopefully my mate will like it, it's a surprise :cry:

Fantastic model!! I have to say the base looks like a bit of an afterthought, especially when compared to the top-notch work you did on the rest of the figure. The gaps between the base and the uneven texture of the paint are really brought out by that bright silver and it's pretty distracting.

~Mike~

Thanks for all the positive feedback... I'm going to have to look at the base but don't have a huge amount of time; I'm handing the model over on saturday night and I still havn't varnished the :) thing (don't ask). I'll have a think about the base but if I'm going to change it it will have to be saturady morning :D

Archived