Wulfen to rip your face off!

Hi guys,

Well I haven't been idle. Here are my WIP wulfen:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6150021.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6150019.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh132/Mjolnir81/P6150020.jpg

The reason I am making my own wulfen is two fold:

1. I wanted wulfen that look like they are racing to rip your face off and not about to perform ballet!

2. I refuse to pay the stupid and inflated prices by people on ebay.

Hope you like them.

Mjol

Wow they look great! But excuse my ignorance, what are Wulfen? Whatever they are I'd be scared to face them.

They are part of the 13th company of Space Wolves that have now mutated into these wolf like Space Marines. Sorry if that isn't correct, I'm not a SW player.

Wow they look great! But excuse my ignorance, what are Wulfen? Whatever they are I'd be scared to face them.

They are part of the 13th company of Space Wolves that have now mutated into these wolf like Space Marines. Sorry if that isn't correct, I'm not a SW player.

The Space Wolves have a flaw in their genetic code. With the geneseed, they get savage, strong and ferocious but that comes with a price - there is the constant danger that the wolf inside them prevails. If that happens, they become something like werewolves (the mutation gives them those nasty talons, wolfy faces etc.) - wild, almost uncontrollable beasts with speed, strentgh and reflexes superior even to regular space wolves. Some of them are slain by their battle-brothers, some of them are allowed to continue fighting against the chapter's enemies under the supervision of the Wolf Priests. Only the 13th Company uses them on regular basis.

Heh, pardon my enthusiasm, I just finished reading Wolf's Honour :P

Very nice work, by the way. I want to see those painted.

The 13th Company has so many because the Wulfen are immune the the effects or Chaos, correct? The reversion into Wulfen is some sort of extreme protectivemeasure against Chaos taint, and therefore allows them to survive in the Eye of Terror or somesuch?

I don't think so, there's a plenty of 13th Company Space Wolves who did not succumb to the Wulfen curse. The reason wasn't really explained, but I believe that the proximity of the EoTerror can somehow cause the geneseed flaw to be more likely to occur. The Wulfen are also (at least in the fluff) incredibly powerful warriors, capable of tearing demons to shreds, and thus they're useful. And finally - they're more than 10,000 years old which means that even though their self-control is incredible, the curse had just incredibly long to do its work. And they're few in numbers so they cannot afford to slay so many of them.

The Space Wolves have a flaw in their genetic code. With the geneseed, they get savage, strong and ferocious but that comes with a price - there is the constant danger that the wolf inside them prevails. If that happens, they become something like werewolves (the mutation gives them those nasty talons, wolfy faces etc.) - wild, almost uncontrollable beasts with speed, strentgh and reflexes superior even to regular space wolves. Some of them are slain by their battle-brothers, some of them are allowed to continue fighting against the chapter's enemies under the supervision of the Wolf Priests. Only the 13th Company uses them on regular basis.

Heh, pardon my enthusiasm, I just finished reading Wolf's Honour ;)

Very nice work, by the way. I want to see those painted.

Aah cool! I feel myself being drawn to the space wolves... Especially with new release's somewhere on the horizon.

The 13th Company has so many because the Wulfen are immune the the effects or Chaos, correct? The reversion into Wulfen is some sort of extreme protectivemeasure against Chaos taint, and therefore allows them to survive in the Eye of Terror or somesuch?

The Wulfen are so many in the 13'th Company because the 13'th Great Company was the Legion's 'Wulfen dumping grounds' before they vanished in the Eye after the Heresy ;)

TDA

Archived