HELP! I need some painting ideas!

Since this is my first post, I thought I would say Hi to everyone out there and thanks for the guys of B&C for setting this all up. I have been gaming since I was about twelve, I am now 16, so I have some experience, between gaming with freinds and the Gengiscon and Tacticon Tournaments. I am a very good painter and will hopefully have some of my stuff up soon. (4 first places at the a fore mentioned trounaments)

The reason I am posting this is because I have run into a dilehma with my models. They are halved right down the middle the right side is a modified ultramarines blue (I work with a lot of detail/shadowing) and the other half is a shadowed bleached bone color. I have a number of tanks and I want to paint them in a way that looks cool, establishes my army (Knights of Omega) as unique, but maintains an asthaeticly pleasing look to my larger models. I was thinking of reversing the colors so that it is bone on the right and blue on the left and then painting murals on the fancier tanks, Land Raider Crusader, cough cough, or just painting the tanks blue with the bone color for detailing.

I would love to get some responses and it will help with pictures, I really need to get some pictures up, but I am very new to all this so it may be a little while. Thamks to everyone again and I am looking forward to your responses.

ye i would keep the sceme the same as your infantry as they will tie in alot better with the army.

try both methods and see which one looks the best.

There are some great tutorials on getting great pics with only one light on cmon

good look!

i would just do them the same way. i have tried it the other way and i ended up repainting the tanks even the landraider to match the marines. i liked it so much better

Are you saying maintain the 50/50 paint scheme, I didn't quiet understand what you were getting at.

Thanks for the help though! :)

I had a similar dilema with my vehicles as they began life as Ultramarines but I wanted to change them... but not too much.

I have them all blue with a thick stripe of dark angels green offset and running over the top. I think it makes them look sporty :P

The halved colour scheme sounds cool.

But what about bone sides and blue top?

Also are the halves straight edged or do the colours blend into each other? (This is something I have been working on for a Chaos land raider I'm doing - check my call to chaos album in my profile)

Captain

Thanks for all the help guys, I decided to go with the split paint job for my tanks, and the detailing pattern for my drop pods and Dreadnought. i will try to get some pics up so you guys can see what i have been working on. my other project was a scratched built stern guard which are also coming along quiet smashingly, so i will probably get an article up about them to if you guys would be interested in this unit as well.

Thanks for all the help guys, I decided to go with the split paint job for my tanks, and the detailing pattern for my drop pods and Dreadnought. i will try to get some pics up so you guys can see what i have been working on. my other project was a scratched built stern guard which are also coming along quiet smashingly, so i will probably get an article up about them to if you guys would be interested in this unit as well.

good chose with the colours and i look forward to seeing the pics and the sternguard veterans!

Archived