Honour Guard Tactica

jimbo1701

Hi all,

Having nearly finished my conversions for 5 honour guard to accompany Pedro K into battle, I now turn my attention to how the devil I'm going to use them effectively. My Crimson fist army is an all drop pod army so they'll be deploying (probably not in the first turn tho) in such a way that they can't charge. I'm thinking to gear them up with power weapons and a relic blade on the champion. Pedro will be with them so no need for a hammer or banner. I'm expecting them to be amazing against regular MEQs/terminators/plague marines, but wonder if they're too expensive to commit against anything else. Units to avoid - anything with equal/higher initiative and power weapons/rending. Basic tactic should be to run them into cover after deployment so that they can charge the following turn. This will leave them vulnerable to being charged (good luck to them) and rapid fired for a turn but all being well between cover and 2+ saves there shouldn't be too much to worry about. (plus can always allocate plasma wounds to kantor if there's a lack of cover) With 5 pistols, dorns arrow, 20 PW attacks, 4 relic blade attacks and 4 power fist attacks on the charge, not many enemies will be able to survive!!!

In short, does anyone have input into this (not neccesarily drop pod specific tactics) so I can gear myself up for their first battle?

Archived