Chaos Drop pods

Cam2Designs

Well there's nothing in the current Codex CSM. Dreadclaws are in Imperial Armour Update 2006 (I think), but I can't speak for newer IA books as I don't own any I'm afraid.

They also appear in IA6: Vraks II, although I don't know whether that was before or after IA: Apoc (and as I haven't bought mine yet, I haven't checked to see what differences there are - hell the two entries in IA6 are slightly different!)

Okay, I tracked down the entries in IA: Apocalypse for both regular Drop Pods and Dreadclaws. When it mentions the drop pod "coming onto the edge of the table during your opponents turn and moving during their shooting phase", is this the current acceptable way of using drop pods? One was used in a Megabattle I was just end, but I didn't pay attention. However it didn't seem to be brought on during our turn. I figured that it was "pick a point, roll for scatter, then land" during your own movement phase.

Just got a clarification...new rules in latest C:SM are the official. The 2008 IA: Apocalypse are the latest rules for a Dreadclaw, but the GW Outrider who normally runs our stuff isn't too hip on those rules or Dreadclaws, so I will be using a standard Drop Pod, nice and chaosy, for future Apoc battles...hoping that GW will give CSMs the option in the future for regular 40k games. Thanks all!

Codex DPs work differently and come in via deep strike as normal. C:SM and C:SW drop pods come in during their controlling players turn using the drop pod assault rule wich gaurantees X number will come in first turn.

Archived