Vehicles and cover

DarkGuard

I understand that for a vehicle to claim 'hull down' at least 50% of its facing being fired at must not be seen by the enemy. However, if a vehicle is sitting in area terrain, will it still be granted a cover save even if it isn't in a 'hull down' position?

For example, a Dreadnought is in area cover, but in full view (ie more than 50% of its facing can be seen) by a shooting unit. Does it get the cover save for being in area terrain, as infantry would? Or does it not get it due to it not being a 'hull down' position? Or is there a dividing line between walkers and tanks due to walkers being treated like infantry in many ways?

Sorry if this has already been covered before, my Search is a little off at the moment.

This has just recently come up while gaming in my local GW and none of us could agree. Thanks in advance.

Vehicles require true line of sight to be 50% or less to get the cover save, including dreadnoughts.

Yes, it sucks. Time to add more trees to area terrain or house rule it during friendly games.

Thanks for the fast reply. That was what I thought (I was shooting at the vehicle). Hopefully I'll be able to argue my case next time I play

Yes the two specific rulings on this are:

• Dreads/walkers are vehicles [p65 BRB]

• Vehicles in area terrain aren't considered obscured as the vehicle 50% hidden rule takes precedence [p62 BRB]

Cheers

I

Archived