[Artwork] Ultramarines project.

Well, taking a break from the Nestir V Campaign for a change, I've been working on an Ultramarine project for a friend and the community at large for like 10 days now and I'm still not done.

I was inspired to make an image for the project, and now it is done, so here you go.

Approx: 4 hours in Photoshop.

Enjoy!

http://www.codexguardianangels.com/temp_material/Agemmans-Dogtag.jpg

ah wow thats cool

love it, presume you have a tablet? mine should be arrivig soon :)

my only criticism is that you need towork on the ball-chain itself, it looks too shiny and clean, and it looks like you have copied and pasted them in a row and the shaded them a bit, i feel that some of the reflection lines should be distorted or slightly different look to make it seem more realistic and batttle worn

other than that ace ;)

I like the idea of the dog tags, not sure if the Astartes would use 'em but cool nonetheless.
Yeah, its an interesting idea, but we never see Marines with dogtags now do we. - Must be all that armour their wearing. ^_^

Still, my inspiration for the image, came from this:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/product.asp?pr...ype=Merchandise

So sure, I guess it may be possible.

cool nice job likeing the captain ageman of the first company dog tag
Thanks feather450, glad you like it! :)

Oh man, I took a really quick glance at that and thought it was real. Needless to say I was disappointed when I stopped tripping out and realized it wasn't. Still, nice job though.
That is probably the best compliment I can receive!

Very glad you thought it looked real and its to bad its not.

Still, the real deal is in the link I posted above, though it doesn't look like the one I made.

wow it looks so real, i almost wanted to grab it so i was like :lol: then T.T, anyways it would be sweet to see a bad*** marine with a dog tag around his neck or around his fist!
Thanks Terminatorinhell!

Sorry about the time-out from the Nestir V project by the way, but I hope you will find my reason for it a good one once I present what I've been doing in its stead.

As for making a picture with a Marine wearing a Dogtag, maybe I will make one for Nestir V. - We shall see!

ah wow thats cool

love it, presume you have a tablet? mine should be arrivig soon :)

my only criticism is that you need towork on the ball-chain itself, it looks too shiny and clean, and it looks like you have copied and pasted them in a row and the shaded them a bit, i feel that some of the reflection lines should be distorted or slightly different look to make it seem more realistic and batttle worn

other than that ace :)

Thank you wiplash! - Always nice to receive some constructive critique.

Yes I do have a Wacom tablet, but I actually didn't use it for this picture.

This was more of a construction job than a freeflowing organic thing, and I find that working with a mouse suits me better for a lot of geometric work.

Love my Wacom though and couldnt live without it!

I've actually seen the problems with the ball-chain myself and this was the part I worked the least on.

- Had been up and working for almost 17 hours straight when I finished this, so I was tired and hasty to get it done.

Your right off course and while I did put a bit of dirt and grime in there, I should have done more for it.

A more interesting reflection and more variance would be a nice touch.

The light source is actually partly in the wrong place on the ball-chain.

I should have overlapped the ones on the bottom a bit to give it more depth.

And off course your right in that I should have made the reflection/shading a bit more distorted.

I will look into fixing some of these things for the finalisation of my larger project.

nice! thanks for sharing!
Thank you Brother 'Ussell!

Just happy to contribute.

Thanks again everyone! :)

IDEA

lol hi again send the design to black libary put them to shame and tell them to make it like yours.

Or send a letter to gamesworkshop ask if you can create a trial product (if u can do this) and then send them the designs and they'll make it u get money from the design and a part of the profit and so will they.

Or send it to a metal maker thingie majig and ask him to make it and auction it off on ebay

COZ I WOULD PAY £1,000,000 IF I HAD THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :tu:

IDEA

lol hi again send the design to black libary put them to shame and tell them to make it like yours.

Or send a letter to gamesworkshop ask if you can create a trial product (if u can do this) and then send them the designs and they'll make it u get money from the design and a part of the profit and so will they.

Or send it to a metal maker thingie majig and ask him to make it and auction it off on ebay

COZ I WOULD PAY £1,000,000 IF I HAD THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL :)

well, while that certainly is an interesting idea, I really don't think GW would allow it.

It is worth considering though.

And thanks for the compliment! :)

Oh, I want one.

Really god.

Thank you Potan! :)

Emperor's femur! That's really good, man! I like the dirty and grimy look, and Ageman was a nice touch :) . I never tought about marines wearing tags before, but it sounds obvious really. Maybe i should make some teeny tiny ones for my ultramarines. hmm....

Overall, great job as allways, CMG!

I wantz one i needz one muwhahahahahaha

and if gw don't allow it ;) to them

Ok, well glad your enthusiastic about it feather450! :blink:

Maybe you could try and make a dogtag prop yourself...

Emperor's femur! That's really good, man! I like the dirty and grimy look, and Ageman was a nice touch ;) . I never tought about marines wearing tags before, but it sounds obvious really. Maybe i should make some teeny tiny ones for my ultramarines. hmm....

Overall, great job as allways, CMG!

Thanks Reno!

Maybe you should try and make some for your models.

May I suggest using tinfoil.

well i can send some in za post if i make them count it as a free birthday present and they'll never know.

When my model of captain agemman gets made converted bought painted etc he'll have a mini dog tag.

What weapons does agemman have and wat special chracter rules i was thinking lysander

Sounds good feather 450!

One of the projects I've been working on lately is about Agemman, so a more full answer to your question is due for presentation later.

Unfortunately it will be a bit delayed due to job applications.

As for the weapons, it really depends on the timeframe you play in, but Storm Bolter and Power Sword is a pretty safe bet.

I would hold off on making the model until my project is done though; it will give much more info.

Maybe astartes don't use dogtags, but these could just as well be personal keys to their armour, armoury, bolterholders, ammunition etc etc.. for the chapter to keep track of how much material is used or to make sure no traitor is among them etc etc...

looks good!

Archived