Why should i turn Chaos?

ok sorry to not post in a while

ohi didn't know that about Iron Warriors about them not using deamons and i want to play them fluffy so fine

but i would be using KB rules but be using them as Siege Breakers

and the only reason i really want a Khorne DP is becuase of the Forge World model it is beautiful

anyway thanks

Athiair :D

This, I think, is the main problem with the new codex. It's simply not clear enough in terms of fluff. Iron Warriors, I know, as being distrustful of daemons, however they are not adverse to being elevated to daemonhood (deamon prince).

Take KB if you want. I think Kroeger in Storm of Iron was a khornate follower, but it's been a while since I've read SoI.

If you want to take possessed in an IW force, take some fancy conversions (hammers instead of hands, metallic skulls etc.). You can save money on buying the full plastic possessed kit.

But in the end, it is your army. Not anyone elses. If you want 2 squads of CSM and tons of daemons, do it. Ruleswise, noone can stand and say "You can't do that." Play the army that you like the looks of and enjoy playing with.

I just played a game for the first time in a year. Tried writing up the same army I had before... except with a predator instead of my basi. I won.... decent game. However considering how we both played and the game type at hand... I would of dominated with the 3.5 codex. Maybe that codex was too good.... but IMO there is no possible way to compare this new thing that I regret spending money on to the old codex <_< . The old codex was the most flexible codex I know of. One of the nastiest CC armies(WEs), and one of the nastiest ranged armies(IWs) packed into one codex with all the variations in between... thats pretty flexible.

The old codex was much more powerful then this one. But in typical GW fashion, they've swung the pendulum too far. Not to say teh current one is weak, but they overshot the mark again in the opposite direction.

One major problem I have with this codex. And I'm not trying to pick on the guy considering playing IWs. Trust me, do it. I'll take new IW players all day. But a Tzeench/Khorne IW army with demon allies is extremely unfluffy. So unfluffy it was illegal under the old rules for several reasons. IWs are very distrustful of everyone... especially demons. IWs are cool, no doubt, they are my favorite army forever. But of the chaos armies, they are the least chaosy. They don't even like mutations(except techo virus infected obliterators) because mutations tend to involve demons, and they commonly chop off mutations to replace them with bionics. To an IW a demon is useful as a power source for a bionic or a tank, they aren't trusting of real demons on the battlefield.

That problem is with the new codex its a renegades codex, not a legion codex. Further, like the Daemon codex, it allows totally unfluffy combinations of cross purpose powers.

*shrug* I just started my chaos army, and it was a toss up between nightlords and IW. I choose IW's and build accordingly- I allow myself berskerers as assualt troops, and will probably allow a small contingent of plague marines for siege warfare and disease, but beyond that no Tzeentch or Slanneesh. They make no sense.

But like I said, The current codex a renegades codex and it ignores alot of fluff.

. I choose IW's and build accordingly- I allow myself berskerers as assualt troops, and will probably allow a small contingent of plague marines for siege warfare and disease, but beyond that no Tzeentch or Slanneesh

how nice considering zerkers andpms are imba while NM and 1ksons suck <_<

how nice considering zerkers andpms are imba while NM and 1ksons suck <_<

I dont consider either of them to suck, they just dont fit the theme. I have no more then one squad of the other ones. CSM are good enough that I could leave either one out as well.

Archived