painting an inquisitor for a friend

hello, i usually go straight to hall of honour but ina desperate attempt to improve my painting skills i have come here, i custom built an inquisitor for a friend as he wanted one and i had spare parts... well marine bitz and shadow suns body, he is happy with it i just wanted some tip and what people think the colour scheme should be as we are undecided.

here it is

gallery_38604_3113_1023615.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_453089.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_799276.jpg

its a bit scruffy at the moment, i will be fileing it down soon

what colours, any tips for those colours?

thanks

Wow, the disparate parts all come together really nicely, though the Tau-ankles are still a bit skinny. Inquisitors tend to be brooding colours, deep dark reds, darker metals or black are common...

hmmm, yeah the parts are just thrown together really but my friend really wanted the alien technology loving inquisitor looking guy, you know the ones, all crazy about the disgusting rubbish xenos make, makes me sick :)

thanks for the colour ideas, do you think he needs a cape or cloak or something or shall i leave bear armour?

ok ankles built up, right size?

ive also painted the backpack and the hammer and other little details here and there.

i think the face has come out well, this is the first time ive bosh washed and highlighted properlly so im quite pleased so far, tell me what you think, any tip or ideas?

gallery_38604_3113_254807.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_502078.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_645909.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_781385.jpg

thanks

where is that thunder hammer from? i have seen them just dont know where they are from

master of the chapter set, not sure which master though.

another update, I'm bored and there isnt anybody coming out so *shrugs* back to work :lol:

gallery_38604_3113_67159.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_171449.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_731279.jpg

gallery_38604_3113_694660.jpg

can anybody give me highlighting tips or suggest painting improvments (other than the gold being thick)

thanks

Hmm, well this is purely my own personal taste (translation, ignore this unless it was already bugging you) but he seems a bit light, but thats just me, I suppose it would help the Inq's PR if they appeared as knights in shining armour (you know, offset the planet destroying that no one knows about :P )

Other than that (again, personal taste) he looks great, I think the Storm Bolter looks fine, really like the bionic face

Hmm, well this is purely my own personal taste (translation, ignore this unless it was already bugging you) but he seems a bit light, but thats just me, I suppose it would help the Inq's PR if they appeared as knights in shining armour (you know, offset the planet destroying that no one knows about :) )

Other than that (again, personal taste) he looks great, I think the Storm Bolter looks fine, really like the bionic face

Yeah i was trying to get a more bright look to him as inquisitors are the most important people wondering around the imperium, i wanted a savour bringing the Emperors light kinda feel.

all ive done is added a little trinket, i also painted his "real" eye now but i wont update with pics again until i have done the highlights, can anybody help with where i should put them and with what colours?

Archived