TFC getting Imobilized in Dangerous Terrain

Gornall

Came up in a recent game when I rolled a 1 for my dangerous terrain test for a TFC. Does the immobilization kill it or does it just get stuck there. From a pure RAW standpoint it doesn't say either way IMO.

From the Artillery section:

Any glancing or penetrating hit will destroy a gun...

From the Terrain Effects section of vehicles:

A result of 1 means that the vehicle halts immediately and suffers an Immobilised damage result, so if it was attempting to enter difficult terrain it stops just outside.

The result is applied without suffering an actual glance/pen, so to me it wouldn't trigger the removal rule from the Artillery section. That's strictly RAW lawyering, however, and I could see an opponent having an issue with it. When it came up on Friday, we just diced off for it, but I'd like to have something more definitive one way or the other for next time.

To quote from the most recent FAQ about this situation:

As this is comparable to suffering a result from the Vehicle Damage chart (and to preserve our sanity if I answer otherwise), the gun is destroyed.

I can see where you're coming from, and I would agree with you, but looks like its already been dealt with by the FAQ team.

To quote from the most recent FAQ about this situation:

As this is comparable to suffering a result from the Vehicle Damage chart (and to preserve our sanity if I answer otherwise), the gun is destroyed.

I can see where you're coming from, and I would agree with you, but looks like its already been dealt with by the FAQ team.

Doh! I completely forgot to check the FAQ. Thanks for the clarification!

Archived