Question about equipping Command Squads

TheBigC

Can you give gear, like power fists, storm shields, or plasma pistols to the Apothecary in a Space Marine Command Squad? The unit description says that all that stuff is given to "Veterans," and the squad is 4 Veterans and 1 Apothecary, so I'm thinking you can't? Anyone have an opinion?

Sorry if this question gets asked a lot.

a veteran and an apothecary are treated as different individuals, much like a scout and a scout sergeant, each type has its own stat line and upgrade options..

So when it says a veteran can take the following........ it means the veterans and veterans only.

Basically you have to take things literally, as they are written so shall it be.

GC08

On the plus side, you can equip any Veteran with the Company Standard, or equip any Veteran as the Company Champion. Heck, I suppose you could make a Company Champion carrying the Company Standard.

On the plus side, you can equip any Veteran with the Company Standard, or equip any Veteran as the Company Champion. Heck, I suppose you could make a Company Champion carrying the Company Standard.

Only a veteran my carry the standard, and a company champion is no longer a veteran, he has been "upgraded."

this may arguably fall under the same ruling as the Ork nob Choppa / Slugga / Armor order of selection outlined in the Ork FAQ, but I think the wording, and intent, is much less ambiguous here.

Archived