Repairable Bastions.

Grey Mage

So in the planetstrike supplement it says a bastion counts as an immobilized vehicles with 14 all around armor and four guns, possibly five if you mount a quad gun on it. It ignores shaken/stunned rolls too wich is cool, and if you have a model on the roof the enemy gets +1 on the damage table roll. You can have a techmarine in their with a squad since hes an IC.

So, assuming you have say a lascannon and a heavy bolter shot off can you repair it with a techmarine+servo harness? Now I remember there was a discussion about not being able to inside a transport, but in the case of a bastion you can legally have htis guy on the roof- wich is in BtB contact with the "Hull" of the "Vehicle" that the bastion counts as. So... can a Techmarine use his repair ability to keep those guns firing?

Unfortunately, Brothers, the book is not out yet so we cannot discuss it. I haven't seen it at my FLGS, so if yours has a copy, great. it's not released thus not allowed to be commented on (once widely available in stores as a pre-release I may relax on this).

topic re-opened as the release date is within the week.

I'd agree with Ideaus here. The Techmarine is still in the vehicle, only he is now on the roof and able to shoot while the bastion counts as open-topped.

Of course if he was in base contact with the bottom of the bastion I'd imagine it'd be acceptable.

techmarines can repair vehicles using the Blessing of the Omnisiah rule in C:SM or the non-UM chapter specific codex equivalent.

buildings, such as bastions, are not vehicles, they do not "count as" vehicles, but use armour penetration rules that are the same as vehicles. the rules in the BRB never say that a building "counts as" a vehicle, but do use the terms "just like," "in the same manner as," and "treated in the same way as." see BRB Pgs 79-80.

if intact buildings WERE stationary vehicles for all intents and purposes, then they would be grouped in the vehicles section. the fact that they use many of the same rules doe snot make them the same.

(in other words, that tech marine ain't fixin the building)

Archived