Warp Energy

Jahora

Hello

Have you ever imagined, what color is warp energy? :P

Like, when Chaos sorcerers use a spell, what color do you imagine that it has? Those that have played Dawn Of War, prolly can't shake off the whole, pink/red energy huh? I personally don't really like the idea that the big scary chaos sorcerers hurl pink energy at their enemy...not very manly? ;)

So far I've read, Tzeentch magics 'changes' in color, and can come out in rainbow colors if they want to ^^ So there's most likely some changes in color, depending on the god that the sorcerer worships.

But since this is in the Chaos Ascendant category, what color do you imagine the sorcerers from the various undivided legions have? Do you think it's different from the Space marine librarians blue/yellow classic lightning?

- Jacob

what color is warp energy
The color is yes. Every single color you can possibly imagine, and even all of those that you can't imagine.

My personal warp color preference is every shade from dark blue to light pink. It's sickly looking (for us real-space inhabitants) and goes along with previously published pictures of the Eye of Terror.

Suppose each god had color...Tzeentch would likely be blue/green hues, Khorne - red hues, Nurgle - green/brown hues, Slaanesh - pink/purple hues.

what color is warp energy
The color is yes. Every single color you can possibly imagine, and even all of those that you can't imagine.

My personal warp color preference is every shade from dark blue to light pink. It's sickly looking (for us real-space inhabitants) and goes along with previously published pictures of the Eye of Terror.

Suppose each god had color...Tzeentch would likely be blue/green hues, Khorne - red hues, Nurgle - green/brown hues, Slaanesh - pink/purple hues.

This.

Also, Khornate magic would be red. That is , if Khorne didn't have a total disdain for the whole psyker thing.

The World Eaters killed every Librarian in the legion for a reason, remember?

This.

Also, Khornate magic would be red. That is , if Khorne didn't have a total disdain for the whole psyker thing.

There has to be at least 1 khorne soc, it just there not popular.

Also i think warp energy is a mixture of blue and green. Don`t know why but that what i think it is.

Warp energy can manifest in any way you can imagine and any that you cannot. It can be any colour, all colours, colourless; colours from beyond any spectrum you can imagine; a combination of all or none. It is a mistake to seek definition here.

This.

Also i think warp energy is a mixture of blue and green. Don`t know why but that what i think it is.

The only Khorne Lord I know that consorted with sorcerors was Crull from Dawn of War: Winter Assault, and he harldy trusted them. It really didn't help that they seemed really incompitent.

This.

The only Khorne Lord I know that consorted with sorcerors was Crull from Dawn of War: Winter Assault, and he harldy trusted them. It really didn't help that they seemed really incompitent.

Slaves to Darkness had Khorne Psykers. They were just focused on melée boosting spells and nullifying powers.

TDA

Whenever I read a description of warp energy, or the warp itself, it was of bright colours always shifting in hue, as they moved, never staying in one colour for long and is as beautiful as it is sickening..

I'd suggest get some sprue bits or something and paint them up in different hues to find what you'd like for warp energy... though I like the blue to pink energy desgin...

I imagine warp energy as constantly shifting coats of extremely bright and contrasting colors layered with a dog's vision (black/white), a cat's vision (everything except black/white), and a bug's vision (ultraviolet). Keep in mind, these are all distinct layers; they wouldn't be mixed with each other, just coated over one another.

This.

Slaves to Darkness had Khorne Psykers. They were just focused on melée boosting spells and nullifying powers.

TDA

They also kept a tally of kills.

So thank you TDA! real fluff vs the pamphlet fluff.

This.

TDA

Huh. I guess they're the minority amongst psykers.

I agree, Octarine (yellowish green) is always what I assumed Warp Energy looked like.

According to the link I posted octarine is "yellow-greenish purple", which can't really exist, or at least is a color that can't be percieved by the normal human nervous system. Functionally, all normal people would be "octarine color blind", while psychers (and some animals) could see it; the presence of enough warp energy might change that, and it would probably be pretty stressful to see a whole new color you had no experience with. Good for fluff purposes, not so useful as a painting guide...

For miniatures painting, the best approximation would probably be something with lime highlights and maroon shadows, which would actually look very nice for "warp flames", imo.

Archived