Red Scorpion side project

Ferro

Thank you very much!

And I also like that you have the guts to cut up the Space Hulk minis :P

All for the glory of the Emperor!

How is to cut and work with the red plastic compared to the standard?

The red plastic does seem to be just slightly harder than the normal grey, but not enough to make any significant difference. Just take a sharp knife and go at it!

Looking good. I see that you are using some heavy amounts of FW bitz for your kits. Personally, I have been disappointed far more often than not with the quality of the products I bought and heard a lot of horror stories about the Red Scorpion bitz in particular. Have you experienced similar issues? I've considered starting a Red Scorpions army on a number of occassions, but I cringe at the idea of trusting FW quality again.

Hi Bannus.

I have purchased quite a lot of FW resin for this project. Of all of it, only a single mold of shoulder pads was defective. But it wasn't bad enough for me to actually send them back... Those five shoulderpads simply became 'battle damaged.' In general, I'm totally satisfied with FW, and the few times I've ever had a problem (and I actually called them on a phone) they are quick to fix it.

Sure, some molds are sometimes mis-aligned, and some take more attention with a knife and file to get them looking right... but that's true of GW plastic too. It's no big deal.

Archived