Nid. tank shock

DerekLee688

As possible attacks during tankshock strike against frontarmour, its safe to shock every type of gaunt (max str 4, no rending possible). BUT: as long as they are in synapse range, they will automatically pass their LD-test. All you gain is, that they move aside and attack your tank next turn. then they strike against rear armour like normal.

TBH, it's pretty safe to tank shock genestealers.

It's just one hit. The opponent needs to roll a 6 (not so likely), and then needs to roll proper rending and damage table.

I'd say most opponents won't try death or glory in a situation like that.

As possible attacks during tankshock strike against frontarmour, its safe to shock every type of gaunt (max str 4, no rending possible). BUT: as long as they are in synapse range, they will automatically pass their LD-test. All you gain is, that they move aside and attack your tank next turn. then they strike against rear armour like normal.

The purpose of the tank shock against 'nids is generaly to force them to bunch up so that you can cover them in Flamer Templates, or else to force them out of the cover they are occupying prior to boltering them into oblivion.

Tanks Shocks don't (or at least shouldn't) happen unsupported, for precisely the reasons you outline.

The purpose of the tank shock against 'nids is generaly to force them to bunch up so that you can cover them in Flamer Templates, or else to force them out of the cover they are occupying prior to boltering them into oblivion.

Tanks Shocks don't (or at least shouldn't) happen unsupported, for precisely the reasons you outline.

Another use for tank shocks, even for nids, may be to try and force them off an objective, and if you survive but they didn't fall back, you contest it. Very handy for closing stages of the game.

You are right about that. It´s a nice tactic, I did not think about. I normally don´t play against nids, but I have a nid army. I will be aware of this use of tankshock now.

Archived