Captain in Terminator Armor

AngryJohnny

Hey everyone, I'm taking a little break from my Priory of Dorn chapter and doing a small (~1000pts) force. Right now I'm calling them the Phantom Guard. I'm not 100% sold on it yet though so if you have any suggestions for a new name I'm all ears. I don't have any fluff or background just a painted mini. Here is the first finished mini from this force. Any C&C is welcomed & encouraged!

gallery_26418_3747_294911.jpg

gallery_26418_3747_160976.jpg

gallery_26418_3747_746517.jpg

gallery_26418_3747_155648.jpg

Looks good overall, I like that you took the time to put the extra markings on the kneepad and shoulder pad, as well as the script on the chest plate.

~Mike~

To be honest the markings on the kneepad & shoulder are just water slide transfers from the Tactical Squad sheet & the script was done with a micron pen.

The body is AoBR termi sergeant?
Yeah the body is the AoBR termi sgt I drilled out the head to put the helmet there. The sword is also from the AoBR set, it's from the captain, I put the sword on the arm from Commander Culn to replace the broken/bent sword I received.

To be honest the markings on the kneepad & shoulder are just water slide transfers from the Tactical Squad sheet & the script was done with a micron pen.

I know, still looks good and adds a finished look to the model.

~Mike~

I like it.

1. For HQ's and special characters, you should dress the base up a litte, IMHO. Even if you just drybrush the rocks and add a couple of patches of grass flocking, it would complete this mini.

2. Perhaps a highlight on the leather straps. A simple lining of lighter brown down one edge of each strap would be fine.

3. The N in HONOR looks a little like an M in that picture.

Good show.

For a name, how about the Phantom Praetorians or the Praetorian Guard? The leather reminds me of the ancient Roman uniforms, and that's what they called the Emperor's Personal Body guards, I think.

Thats a great looking model. A simple, yet very effective conversion and a real nice paint job - perfect for tabletop.

Only one very small criticism though................ Honour is misspelt :lol: . Unless of course, you are american and then it makes sense :lol: .

I like it. A little more dynamic than the standard AoBR Terminators, but simple enough to be usable on the table. Good work.
Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment.

I like it.

1. For HQ's and special characters, you should dress the base up a litte, IMHO. Even if you just drybrush the rocks and add a couple of patches of grass flocking, it would complete this mini.

2. Perhaps a highlight on the leather straps. A simple lining of lighter brown down one edge of each strap would be fine.

3. The N in HONOR looks a little like an M in that picture.

Good show.

For a name, how about the Phantom Praetorians or the Praetorian Guard? The leather reminds me of the ancient Roman uniforms, and that's what they called the Emperor's Personal Body guards, I think.

Yeah, i need to fix the 'N' my hand slipped then I tried to fix it by just writing over it... I need to repaint it. I would like to put a better base on him, however, the sand that has been glued on and painted on the current base is about the extent of my basing abilities right now. If I ever figure out how to use better basing materials I'll most likely re-base him. Thanks for the feedback and the name suggestions!

Thats a great looking model. A simple, yet very effective conversion and a real nice paint job - perfect for tabletop.

Only one very small criticism though................ Honour is misspelt :) . Unless of course, you are american and then it makes sense :D .

Thanks! This is the 2nd model that I've completed with highlighting. I should go back and fix the spelling. ;) (I am American, but the models are English) I actually had to get back into the habit of spelling certain words the American way in Junior High & through out High School it stuck with me too because of the time I spent going to Elementary school in England.

A quick and easy base I use on grunts is glue plus kitty litter. But then, I tend to go for a desert/wasteland look.

haha that is pretty innovative! If you have the litter with the blue rock crystals in it, it can make quite the dynamic xenos landscaping :P

Just don't let your cat start sniffing them. Otherwise your marines may be having to deal with more than traitor or xenos. Some flying brown meteors may come smashing down on them ;)

Looks good, but needs more pop to distinguish him from a run of the mill sergeant. Consider setting him on a bit more terrain so he stands a touch taller than other figs. Definitely take the time to base him well. I recommend an accent color such as more bone/cream/white to separate him from other termie vets. You want people who don't play to be able to pick him out from the line-up. If you're only using AoBR termies, I think the easiest would beto green stuf some robes on or just simply go buy the termie captain.

Looks good, but needs more pop to distinguish him from a run of the mill sergeant. Consider setting him on a bit more terrain so he stands a touch taller than other figs. Definitely take the time to base him well. I recommend an accent color such as more bone/cream/white to separate him from other termie vets. You want people who don't play to be able to pick him out from the line-up. If you're only using AoBR termies, I think the easiest would beto green stuf some robes on or just simply go buy the termie captain.

Were would you add the bone/white accent color? Also, what would you suggest for the base to make him stand a bit taller?

Archived