Reinforced Company

Scott-S6

Well, here's my almost completed company. I still need to design a standard and there are two ironclads coming next month. Other than that, I'm done with painting marines for a while.

This project was supposed to take most of the year but the rather difficult circumstances of the last six months have given me more painting time than I expected despite work/wife/kids.

It's not going to win me any prizes but it looks good on the tabletop, gives me a good choice of effective builds and, most importantly, fits into three cases so I can carry it in a single trip.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7717/dscf0538x.th.jpg

It does have a crane on it.

It's an Armour Recovery Vehicle (there are rules in IA1 for a leman russ based one). When you and your opponents have lots of tanks you can get congestion issues as the wrecks build up. Also, if it pulls a tank immobilised by terrain off that terrain then it stops being immobilised.

Regular dreads? There's a MM/HF, a TLLC/ML and a seige dread (inferno cannon FTW!). Two ironclads to be added next month.

The tarantulas are good. 15 points each 12"360degree or 24"90degree and can be deployed by deep strike. On the other hand, three of them takes a HS slot and they're a kill point each....

It's an Armour Recovery Vehicle (there are rules in IA1 for a leman russ based one). When you and your opponents have lots of tanks you can get congestion issues as the wrecks build up. Also, if it pulls a tank immobilised by terrain off that terrain then it stops being immobilised.

Cool! I hope to get my copy of IA1 soon, I may do a similar conversion. Any pointers?

Cool! I hope to get my copy of IA1 soon, I may do a similar conversion. Any pointers?

There's a thread here. Swankyfish did an awesome modern ARV (fully articulated crane arm) on a whirlwind base. I went a little more old school with a hydraulic a-frame. The forgeworld russ-based ARV has a completely fixed rear arm.

Archived