One With Everything?

Yeah, I already run 2 units of berserkers and a unit of PMs. Plus a lash prince. My thinking was, if I'm gonna go poly-cult, might as well go whole hog. I like how NM's work, and wouldn't need a transport for them, plus they go with my prince. 1k sons look fun too... always wanted to try gift of chaos! If nothing else, it might cut down the cheese factor a bit, and give me some variety to play with on the table, and in my painting. Good excuse to field Abbadon in large games, too.

Mix 'n match is great. The different cult units really overlap well- using Noise Marines to give supporting fire for Zerkers, etc. I also find it very visually appealing- painting a cult unit in completely different army colors makes a nice break and recharges you to go back and hit your 'main army colors'.

I'm wondering, is an army with one of each of the cult units viable, tactically and fluff wise?

IMO no, it makes your army all over the place. No synergy, no focus. You have the PM's and bzrkrs that wk well together but then the NM's and T'son's that eat up lots of pts but really don't complaiment the rest of the army. An army that tries to specialize iin everything is good at nothing.

As far a s fluff goes, of course it's not fluffy to have T'son's & NM's in a "WE's" army, but it's already led by a lash DP so it's completely unfluffy anyway and can't possibly be made less fluffy anyway.

I guess you could call it fluffy for a BL or DIY army but certainly not a WE's army.

But it's not viable tacticly if you are playing against good players.

Archived