Drop-podding in Planetstrike assault

Gree

Why not? It's being discussed elsewhere in the forums.

This is the Offical Rules area. Technically if something isn't released it isn't official – merely rumour. That's the distinction. Also, many people wouldn't have seen anything on it yet to have formulated an opinion on any rules issues.

Cheers

I

No need for apologies. With the 4th July release date now within a week and preview/pre-order items already in circulation, it really is as good as released. That's why this topic hasn't been closed :mellow:.

Well can we open mine back up again then? Im still quite curious about techmarines and bastions.

As for the assaulting out of DS rule- No.

The drop pod could assault out of DS, but not the marines. Since its an immobile vehicle without any CC statistics though its patentedly incapable of it.

Though it should be noted that marines can deepstrike without drop pods in this game, this does not confer onto them the ability to assault out of deep strike much like some codices had fleet before running, now everyone can run, but that doesnt mean they can assault afterwards.

this is the same logic that keeps Drop pod marines from having to take dangerous terrain tests as they disembark upon difficult ground.

that was a topic of discussion a while back - I might be able to dredge it up in a search but I'd really rather let it lie.

Either way, the rules for the drop pod on P69 of Codex: Space Marines states that if the unit "deep strikes" by DP it cannot assault that turn. specific. the general deepstrike then assault restriction is in the BRB. the general override is in planetstrike (all have DS, those with DS already get to DS and assault), the very specific rule for DPs remains NO.

Archived