List building for 'Ard Boyz...

ShinyRhino

So, the scenarios for 'Ard Boyz are now out. Looks like this year, Annihilation has been added to EVERY round. Probably to break the stalemate of ties due to objectives.

Looking at the different formats, how are folks aiming to build their 2500 point lists, in general? With Killpoints being key to every game you'llplay, are you avoiding light transports like Rhinos, or embracing them? Also, one of the scenaios has a full five objectives, one dead smack in the center of the board. You'll need at least three troops to get the edge on captures.

I'm thinking a high-troop, low unit number army would give the opponent the least chance to get scads of points from all your Rhinos, which has always been a problem for me. Also, I predict that combat squads will not be used much, if at all.

Getting lots of scoring units isn't so hard at 2500.

You can get pedro, and get yourself two beefed up sternguard squads (~300 pts each) in addition to two mechanized tac squads. This gives you some rather killy scoring stuff to go by. :)

You can get pedro, and get yourself two beefed up sternguard squads (~300 pts each) in addition to two mechanized tac squads. This gives you some rather killy scoring stuff to go by. :cuss

I forsee a profusion of Pedro lists. Not my style, however. I'm a Sicarius fan.

You can get pedro, and get yourself two beefed up sternguard squads (~300 pts each) in addition to two mechanized tac squads. This gives you some rather killy scoring stuff to go by. :)

Pedro isn't the only option.

If you're into bikes, a bike captain/khan on bike, can give you bikes as troops. :)

You can get pedro, and get yourself two beefed up sternguard squads (~300 pts each) in addition to two mechanized tac squads. This gives you some rather killy scoring stuff to go by. :tu:

Pedro isn't the only option.

If you're into bikes, a bike captain/khan on bike, can give you bikes as troops. ;)

True enough, though I'm the only player at my local shop who's ever placed a Marine Bike on the table for a tournament in recent memory! ;)

Archived