Assault Termies armout

Coop_DH

Ok i got 2 termy squads, one shooty and one assault and i was thinking of taking the 5 thunderhammers and lightning claws and making 2 close combat squads and maybe giving each one an assault cannon...

i guess my question is how to arm the 2 squads?

should i just do 2 lightning claws, 2 thunder hammers, and an assault cannon or would some other design would be?

now mind you i do run dark angels so i hear there is a difference in some of the rules

thanks

Take the five TH/SS ones mate they will get the job done.

I use a squad of five and I throw them against everything they see, they take out infantry as easy as tanks and MC's :P

And they save is just to much to pass mate ;)

Yup, Dark Angels have the lovely ability to mix and match Terminator equipment. I had some success in using 4 Lightning Claws and 1 Assault Cannon when I used to play Dark Angels, as they were able to deepstrike, shoot all right and deal with most things. I'm not a fan of thunder hammer and storm shield termies in the Dark Angels codex due to having a worse save.

I would recommend a look at the cyclone missile launcher though if you want a dedicated combat squad. You could have a unit of 5 lightning claws terminators and a cyclone missile launcher as it doesn't replace a storm bolter, its a just an add on. Gives you some long range anti light armour capability, although a Dreadnought would still walk all over you. Plus, IMO the model for that is cool.

well from what im getting out of this, does it sound like a decent idea to have 1 squad be 3 LC, assault cannon and chain fist, and a TH/SS so i got a good fast power weapon hit and then some power to back it up against armor?

Archived