Psychic Powers

How many times can my sorcerer with MoCU, Doombolt and Warptime use them in a 6 turn game?

A ) Doombolt up to six (as it is a shooting attack and you can only shoot in your own shooting phase) and Warptime up to 12 times, provided you didn't use Doombolt (as you can use one psychic power per player turn).

B ) Doombolt up to six times or Warptime up to 6 times provided you didn't use Doombolt.

I'm not sure about the wording of the rule and I don't have any FAQ clarifying this (maybe because I'm the only one who doesn't understand :tu: )

If answer is A, then psychers with more than one power can be very useful, MoTz sorecerers really nice and Arihman a real nightmare!

An undivided sorc can't have doombolt and WT w/ out a familar. But if the sorc does have a fam. then the answer is A).

I personally don't consider MoTz sorc's with the price, only Tz DP's. And Arihman is a nightmare.... for the person that paid all those pts for him.

An undivided sorc can't have doombolt and WT w/ out a familar. But if the sorc does have a fam. then the answer is A).

I personally don't consider MoTz sorc's with the price, only Tz DP's. And Arihman is a nightmare.... for the person that paid all those pts for him.

A psyker may only attempt to use one psychic power per turn. The only exception to this is a model with the Mark of Tzeentch, which can attempt to use up to two psychic powers per player turn (but not two powers that both count as firing a weapon, as models can only fire one weapon per Shooting phase).

Now while I think that the first "per turn" should read "per player turn" like the second sentence, it's important to notice that it does not. Which might cause some RAW problems for you.

TDA

Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that even with a fam. a sorc can still only cast 1 psy. pwr per turn ?

If that is what you're saying is doesn't cause a prob. with RAW b/c he specified in A) that you can only use WT provided you haven't used doombolt that turn.

Or are you saying that you can only use WT 6 times b/c of the per turn in the 1st sentence ?

But in the rule for WT it says "can be used at start of any players turn".

I guess it could be argued that you could only choose to use WT in either your or your opponents turn. But that's not really what the RAW sz in the dex.

This is really something GW should have a faq for because it is very misleading. WT can be used in any player turn, and it is not very clear if it can be used once every player turn or once every game turn.

A psyker may only attempt to use one psychic power per turn. The only exception to this is a model with the Mark of Tzeentch, which can attempt to use up to two psychic powers per player turn (but not two powers that both count as firing a weapon, as models can only fire one weapon per Shooting phase).

The question is... is it per player turn or per game turn. I agree with the dark apostle, I would say every player turn till I'm told otherwise.

Now if you had the MoT it wouldn't be an issue at all. You could use WT every player turn, and use your DB in your turn because it says every player turn. I also believe the per turn should be per player turn because otherwise MoT sorcerers are being allowed 4 times as many powers per game as regular sorcerers(2 per player turn being 4 per game turn). Now they can only really use 3 times as many powers since WT is the only power that can be used in the other player's turn but you get what I'm saying.

Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying that even with a fam. a sorc can still only cast 1 psy. pwr per turn ?

If that is what you're saying is doesn't cause a prob. with RAW b/c he specified in A) that you can only use WT provided you haven't used doombolt that turn.

Or are you saying that you can only use WT 6 times b/c of the per turn in the 1st sentence ?

But in the rule for WT it says "can be used at start of any players turn".

I guess it could be argued that you could only choose to use WT in either your or your opponents turn. But that's not really what the RAW sz in the dex.

The thing is, it doesn't matter when you can use the power, only how many times. :tu:

Also the Familiar doesn't change how many times he can use a power, only that he can buy 2 different powers instead of 1. (3 if he has MoT aswell.)

TDA

Archived