Drop Pods

Schertenleib

Vulkan Hestan has a heavy flamer, Necrons have the Staff of Light, Orks have Big Meks and do I even need to list the number of Heavy Weapon options available to Hive Tyrands and Tyranid Warriors?

Heavy Flamers are assault weapons and all tyranid weapons are assault as well.

Vulkan Hestan has a heavy flamer, Necrons have the Staff of Light, Orks have Big Meks and do I even need to list the number of Heavy Weapon options available to Hive Tyrands and Tyranid Warriors?

Heavy Flamers are assault weapons and all tyranid weapons are assault as well.

It throws out a large blast template, at strength 5 ap 5... yeah, thats not a heavy weapon. Its assault because its a mobile heavy weapon, but its still heavy weapon support.

Rulez Pack mode engage...

And I do quote from Codex: Space Wolves, printed 2000, second paragraph of the the special rule Drop Pods

Drop Pods Only the following can deploy from drop pods. No other models in the army can be used this mission (they stay aboard ship)*: any Space Marine model in power or Terminator armor, Space Marine Scouts, Dreadnoughts, and Land Speeders.

* now modified as GW's official 5th Edition FAQ/Errata. See 1st link in my signature for FAQ.

Lemme see now... Wolf Guard wear one of two armor types, PA or TDA. Both are allowed in the Drop Pods rules as being able to ride in Drop Pods. Since none of our other units (from C:SW) have the actual option written in their entry to actually take a Drop Pod as a transport, I assume that means we cannot actually Drop Pod any units other than Dreadnoughts taken from C:SM correct?

You mean that last bit, the part about no SW unit actually being able to take Drop Pods as a choice? That is wrong, I know that, I'm just pointing out the fact that none of our units actually say in their Transport options to take a Drop Pod.

It's because of our Drop Pods rule in the beginning of our Codex that lets us take Drop Pods for our units who fit the criteria (PA, TDA, CA, Dread). From there we use the C:SM rules (and points cost).

And Bonham, Wolf Guard Bodyguards can take Rhinos and Razorbacks, it's clearly listed in their Transport Options.

You mean that last bit, the part about no SW unit actually being able to take Drop Pods as a choice? That is wrong, I know that, I'm just pointing out the fact that none of our units actually say in their Transport options to take a Drop Pod.

It's because of our Drop Pods rule in the beginning of our Codex that lets us take Drop Pods for our units who fit the criteria (PA, TDA, CA, Dread). From there we use the C:SM rules (and points cost).

And Bonham, Wolf Guard Bodyguards can take Rhinos and Razorbacks, it's clearly listed in their Transport Options.

Yeah, that last part.

As for what Bonham said, it was that TDA wolf gaurd could only take a landraider as a transport, wich was correct in 3rd and 4rth because drop podding didnt involve transports- now it does.

Its also worth noting that Long Fangs can take a razorback transport, though its not listed in the codex.

He was talking about TDA bodyguards? :P I need to get my eyes checked then! :P

But as for Long Fangs, it must be in the old printing that it isn't listed, as in mine (the newer one) it is an option.

Now I'm off to get these eyes of mine checked by the Wolf Priests if you all need me. :P

Archived