Inquisitor

• 3 weeks later...

Great converting, and nice job with starting off highlights.

Advice!

Think of how the light is hitting the model and make ALL your highlights correspond with that. that means a little bright red and that side of the plate, and a little dark red on the other.

Your metal highlighting is fine, but your non-metallic is too bright. Think of it this way. Does the lighter piece of red painted metal look pink?

Your black highlighting's also too sharp, unless your trying to d hard edge, but it's too thick to be like that.

well to start off i am not a fan of the legs and torso.

painting wise though the silver looks pretty good but the gold is a bit pathchy in areas.

a tip for when painting your metalics is to water down your paints alot and apply it in a few thin coats to get a nice even coverage. GW washes are great on metalics and are a quick way of shading your minis. Then you can highlight all you want (which your metalic highlights look pretty good)

on the red the highlights are pretty good but i recomend highlighting with either orange or i prefer to use vomit brown mixed with your base colour.

good luck with future minis!

Heresy!! That deviant Inquisitor is consorting with Xenos, as evidenced by his Tau XV22 armour (what Shadowsun wears). Persecute! Persecute!!!

:D

With that out of my system, a very original choice of armour, which does lend it a sort of steam-punk look. I'm not so convinced about the rounded thigh armour, but you seem to have taken care of the lower leg nicely.

Archived